Question about luggage on the way home- Miami

Does anyone know if bags can be checked and sent to the airport in Miami for the $10 fee like we did coming home from Vancouver after a Vision of the Seas cruise?

This time we are on the Voyager. Are all airlines able to offer that service? It would be nice not to have to drag our bags. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Does anyone know if bags can be checked and sent to the airport in Miami for the $10 fee like we did coming home from Vancouver after a Vision of the Seas cruise?

This time we are on the Voyager. Are all airlines able to offer that service? It would be nice not to have to drag our bags. Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Yes, we did it from Miami after our Navigator cruises. $10 each and it was great.

EDIT: I had to look up the airlines that do it. American, Delta, and someone posted United and US Air.

I am only 100% sure of American and Delta.;)

I have a copy of the form you have to fill out and the only airlines listed are American, Continental, Delta, and United. The cost is $10 pp for 2 bags each.

Even if your flying out of FLL you can still use this service from Miami. The only difference is your flight has to be after 2pm

I have a copy of the form you have to fill out and the only airlines listed are American, Continental, Delta, and United. The cost is $10 pp for 2 bags each.

Even if your flying out of FLL you can still use this service from Miami. The only difference is your flight has to be after 2pm

Thanks for posting that. I could not remember what mine said as far as which airlines offer that service.. ;)

Thanks for posting that. I could not remember what mine said as far as which airlines offer that service.. ;)

Your welcome. My DW picks up extra copies of everything for her albums. So until she starts the albums I have the info available.

I have used this service before, and it was great. My next trip will be on the Enchantment. We're sailing from FLL, but flying out of Miami. I was hoping that we would be able to check our bags in FLL at the pier as we have a really late flight and we're planning on spending the day in Coconut Grove.

I have used this service before, and it was great. My next trip will be on the Enchantment. We're sailing from FLL, but flying out of Miami. I was hoping that we would be able to check our bags in FLL at the pier as we have a really late flight and we're planning on spending the day in Coconut Grove.

If sailing out of Miami you have the choice of air from both MIA and FLL. I would imagine it should be available the other way around also. You would probably have to have a flight after 2pm, just as it is if you are sailing from Miami and flying from FLL.

Does the flight out of Miami have to be after 2pm also? I had my hopes up that you are saying the FLL has to be after 2pm, but can any flight be covered leaving by MIA on American.?

Does the flight out of Miami have to be after 2pm also? I had my hopes up that you are saying the FLL has to be after 2pm, but can any flight be covered leaving by MIA on American.?

Hi,

We got back last Sunday off Explorer in Miami. The form we filled out midweek said flights after 11:30 A.M. Retrieved our bags about 9:15 and went around the corner to the luggage valet and were told our flight was to early (12:15 P.M. on AA) the valet made a phone call and said the first pickup for luggage wasn't untill 1 P.M. We took our luggage, grabbed a taxi and went to airport. No one knew what to do with the bags at the airport. We tried to get new luggage tags and the self serve kiosk said excess baggage. The woman that helps with the kiosks finnally went behind the counter and canceled the tags we were issued on the ship and reprinted new ones.

The cost was $15 per person. We were not the only ones this happened to. At the airport there were others trying to get someone to take their luggage also. Someone else on our flight also tried to use the luggage valet and after trying to locate 2 missing pieces of luggage at the port they left with the two they had. When we got to Boston at 3 P.M. some of the first pieces of luggage off the plane were the two they had left at the port. Figure that one out. In the end we all made our flights and had all our luggage.

I believe the service is a great idea and will try to use it again. I don't know what the problem was but, think it was the young guy in the valet area not knowing what he was doing. I called RCCL on Monday and explained what happened, no problem, they did apoligize and did credit our crcd for the $30. :)

We have an 11:55 AA flight out of MIA, so I guess we will be in charge of finding our luggage as usual and getting it to the airport. It was nice to dream, though. Thanks for the "heads up".

Don't give-up just yet. The form they put in our stateroom mid week did say flights after 11:30 A.M. it also had a lot of reasons why you could not use the service ie. flights before 11:30 A.M. we were good with a flight at 12:15 P.M. It also said something like if the airline couldn't process we would be notified.

You have to retrieve your bags from the carousel at the pier after you go through immigration, there is a room to the right of the exit with large letters Luggage valet, you take them in yourself or the help of a porter. Its only a few yards. I asume according to the instructions you get they take it from there. Don't know it didn't happen. :( You also get your airline boarding pass and checked bagged tags from AA the last night. You put the airline baggage tags along with your color/# departure tags on your lug when you put it out last night. At the airport the boarding pass worked but not the luggage tags that where issued.

If the process works right, its supposed to be great. I know I'll try again.

Those lines at the airport are bad. After you checkin and get your boarding pass and luggage tags attached by attendant, you have to take your bags to another line and give to security. Then to another security line for carryons/self. Using the valet service you go right to the last security as you already have your boarding pass. Oh....so easy.

I SAY GO FOR IT!!!!GOOD LUCK & HAPPY CRUISING

Where do you get your boarding passes on the last night of the cruise? Do you have to print them on line or are they delivered to your stateroom? After your bags are taken by the airline at the pier.....are they checked through to home, or do you have to claim them again at the airport? We are very interested in using this service for our upcoming cruise. We have a late afternoon flight (4:30) and would like to tour Miami without luggage. If someone has used this service, please respond how it was handled. Thanks much.........

Hi,

We got back last Sunday off Explorer in Miami. The form we filled out midweek said flights after 11:30 A.M. Retrieved our bags about 9:15 and went around the corner to the luggage valet and were told our flight was to early (12:15 P.M. on AA) the valet made a phone call and said the first pickup for luggage wasn't untill 1 P.M. We took our luggage, grabbed a taxi and went to airport. No one knew what to do with the bags at the airport. We tried to get new luggage tags and the self serve kiosk said excess baggage. The woman that helps with the kiosks finnally went behind the counter and canceled the tags we were issued on the ship and reprinted new ones.

The cost was $15 per person. We were not the only ones this happened to. At the airport there were others trying to get someone to take their luggage also. Someone else on our flight also tried to use the luggage valet and after trying to locate 2 missing pieces of luggage at the port they left with the two they had. When we got to Boston at 3 P.M. some of the first pieces of luggage off the plane were the two they had left at the port. Figure that one out. In the end we all made our flights and had all our luggage.

I believe the service is a great idea and will try to use it again. I don't know what the problem was but, think it was the young guy in the valet area not knowing what he was doing. I called RCCL on Monday and explained what happened, no problem, they did apoligize and did credit our crcd for the $30. :)

I am looking at the form from the Navigator and it specifically says for flights after noon from Miami and 2pm from Ft. Lauderdale.

The cost that we paid was $10pp. That is what is listed on the form also. Is there a different charge for different ships?

Where do you get your boarding passes on the last night of the cruise? Do you have to print them on line or are they delivered to your stateroom? After your bags are taken by the airline at the pier.....are they checked through to home, or do you have to claim them again at the airport? We are very interested in using this service for our upcoming cruise. We have a late afternoon flight (4:30) and would like to tour Miami without luggage. If someone has used this service, please respond how it was handled. Thanks much.........

Your boarding passes will be delivered the evening before with the luggage tags for the airline. You will claim your luggage at the pier and take them to the airlines area. From that point you will not see them again until you arrive at your destination airport.

I am looking at the form from the Navigator and it specifically says for flights after noon from Miami and 2pm from Ft. Lauderdale.

The cost that we paid was $10pp. That is what is listed on the form also. Is there a different charge for different ships?

We definitely paid $15 each and did get a refund of $30. I wonder if the day of week makes a difference. We tried using it on a Sunday..and the time on the form was after 11:30 A.M. on Explorer.

Archived