SuperStar LIBRA

deck 9 001

Mike, I want to thank you for all your wonderful information regarding SSLibra.

You've been a wealth of information. All we need now is someone to do a review regarding the HK cruises.

I can't get enough of the photos. Love them. Thanks again.

Kerri

Hi Kerri, I am so glad that my posts were enjoyable and helpful to you.

To my knowledge, there are no reviews of Libra sailing ex-HK, but from all the reports from my friends who have sailed Libra from HK, everything is wonderful. This comes as no surprise to me, as all the staff/crew onboard Libra are very dedicated and really love "their" ship. They want everything to be the best for the passengers.

If you have any questions, just ask and I and others will be happy to answer.

Happy cruising!

Mike

It's me again. Can someone tell me what the formal nights are like. Are they very formal and is there a specific dress code on other nights.

Also what tours would you recommend are good. We're off to Sanya, Halong Bay, Haikou and HK.

We haven't received our tickets yet so not sure whats the go.

Thanks for any help.

Kerri

Hi kerri, formal nights (Captain's Gala) are really not that formal. Tie and jacket for men and cocktail dress or smart pants outfit for women are fine. You will see some pax who will wear jeans and short sleeved shirts.

The evening starts with the photo op to shake hands with the Captain or Senior Officers outside the Galaxy of the Stars and then proceed into the Galaxy for the cocktail reception with an introduction of the staff.

After the cocktail reception, you will then proceed to your assigned dining venue for the Captain's Gala Dinner. This is, in my opinion another good opportunity for some photos. After dinner the choice of activities is up to you.

As far as shorex are concerned, I believe that all of them are comprehensive and give you a fairly good taste of the area. I usually pick a shorex that is most appealing to me and has something that I am interested in seeing. Have a look at what is offered and see what strikes your fancy. Hope this hels.

Mike

Hi Kerri, glad my info helped, and you are most welcome.

At the moment I cannot answer your question about how many formal nights there will be on the 6 night cruise. I am awaiting confirmation on this.

It is possible that there might be a "Farewell Dinner" but I am not sure yet.

Mike

Hi Kerri, I just had confirmation from the Libra, as to formal nights.

On the 6 night cruises, there will be one (1) formal night, which is the Captain's Cocktail Reception and Gala Dinner.

This event is held on the last "at sea" night on the return leg to Hong Kong.

Hope this info helps you in your planning.

Best,

Mike

Thanks Mike helps us plan what not to take now. Sorry Mike another question, do they have theme nights such as Island Night (our cruises have been with P&O which have about half a dozen theme nights).

Kerri

You're welcome Kerri. Glad I helped.

There are no "theme nights" per se. But there are themed activities onboard Libra. When the ship was sailing ex-Taiwan for example, there were "pirate" themed activities and games.

Click this link and it will take you to the "Activities" page for SuperStar Libra. http://www.starcruises.com/Whatsnew/Activities/Fiesta/Fiesta_De_Libra.html

The activities are actually quite fun. Do try some.

Mike

There is no official theme now. But there was a wild wild west party, so I guess they are recycling while coming up with a brand new one.

EDIT: Oh, there was a CHOCOLATE EXTRAVAGANZA BUFFET! On Tuesday night after the GALA SHOWTIME IIRC.

Wishing a very happy Chinese/Lunar New Year to everyone.

Hope the new year will be filled with peace, happiness and prosperity for all and global peace for everyone to enjoy.

祝大家農曆新年快樂!祝各位健康,快樂,發大財!

2246472402_f74dd8a99a_o.jpg

Mike

Does anyone have some photos to share of the window cabins and bathroom. There are 4 of us sharing so interested in their sizes. We know what P&O outside cabins are like so just wondering if SSL are the same or bigger.

Thanks

Kerri

Kerri hi, for official Star Cruises photos of all cabins you can click this link:

http://www.starcruise.org/sslibra.htm#Cabins

But I believe you are more interested in some actual pax photos. Just keep in mind that SuperStar Libra is not known for spacious cabins. Having said this, I find the cabins comfortable and quite adequate, with all the amenities you will want. You will be happy to come back to them after a day of sightseeing or a night of fun.

Okay, so click this link and it will take you to my photos of a Deluxe window cabin:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=487930&page=6

The photos below are of a "standard window cabin" with 2 berths. A quad cabin will also have 2 uppers.

2251539557_a86f282c25.jpg

2251539563_366ef59076.jpg?v=0

2251539579_135693abcb.jpg?v=0

2251539575_b148234468.jpg?v=0

My next post will have 3 bathroom photos for you.

Mike

There's no getting around the fact that the bathrooms are small. I couldn't even take decent photos of mine because there was no room in the bathroom to get good shots. But being that you will not be living in the bathroom, you will find it functional albeit small. No big deal here. There is a large shelf under the sink to hold your toiletries et al, and sufficient space on the basin counter.

2251550227_f0fcc90643.jpg?v=0

2252349880_3021bef668.jpg?v=0

2251539583_d06e20e846.jpg?v=0

One good feature about the bathrooms are that the toilets, although the vacuum type, do not suck you in when you flush. They are more civilized and flush more gently than on some other ships:D

You should be quite happy with your cabin and feel comfortable.

What cabin category are you in?

Hope all this has helped.

Mike

Thanks heaps Mike, the photos are a great help. They actually don't look 2 small. On Pacific Sky/Star the rooms accomodate 4 comfortably but I think a lot of that is due to the fact the stewards tidy up the room so well, the only problem is usually the ladder for the top beds but we usually work around that quite well. We're taking smaller bags this cruise so the luggage shouldn't take up a lot of room and the drawers look to be good sizes.

The bathroom looks much the same as Sky/Stars - small, but hey I'm not going to be spending much time in there at all.

Gosh I just noticed on your other photos that you get tea and coffee making facilities!! Is that in all cabins?

We are on Deck 3 Ocean Stateroom with Window almost mid ship.

Also do we need to take an adaptor for the power plug.

Thanks again Mike much appreciated.

Kerri

Thanks heaps Mike, the photos are a great help. They actually don't look 2 small. On Pacific Sky/Star the rooms accomodate 4 comfortably but I think a lot of that is due to the fact the stewards tidy up the room so well, the only problem is usually the ladder for the top beds but we usually work around that quite well. We're taking smaller bags this cruise so the luggage shouldn't take up a lot of room and the drawers look to be good sizes.

The bathroom looks much the same as Sky/Stars - small, but hey I'm not going to be spending much time in there at all.

Kerri

Kerri

Hi Kerri, glad the photos were of good use to you. As I said before, the cabins are comfy and functional. There is space under the beds to put luggage and other junk, plus loads of drawers and ample wardrobe space. Your cabin steward/ess will keep your cabin very tidy and most welcoming to return to.

Deck 3 is a fine location. Just one deck up to the dining rooms and two decks up to the main public rooms. Also some of the lift lobbies on Deck 3 have really nice seating areas as in the photo below:

2253524997_eee635796f.jpg?v=0

At the vanity/desk you will find one 110V plug and one recessed 220V plug.

More questions? Fire away!

Mike

We've just received our itinerary today for our cruise. Do starcruises have tour booklets so you look at the tours available before you embark or do you have to do all that once on board. (with P&O they send you out a tour booklet with your tickets so you can either prebook your tours or at least have any idea of what tours you want to do when you board).

We also didn't get actual tickets, just an itinerary, with one surname, not two!

Mike thanks for the photos they are great.

Kerri

Hi Kerri, you are very welcome!

I really can't answer your question about shorex booklets sent with your tickets. But perhaps others "out of Taiwan/Hong Kong" can help.

Here in Taiwan whether you book directly with Star Cruises or through a TA, you are just given or faxed a booking confirmation paper with your names, sailing date and cabin category. We do not receive shorex info.

Small leaflets/pamphlets about shorex are available at the shorex desk onboard the ship. I guess until you board, your best bet is to go to Star's website and peruse the shorex they have online.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Mike

Thanks Mike, you've helped a great deal. You get so used to how P&O do their thing, you expect that other cruiseliines do the same, so it's good too know that they do their tours differently.

Thanks again.

Kerri

Archived