Spirit Owners Suite - 9708

ilu2cruz

When we were in 9708 in December 2005 we were able to have three bottles of alcohol, unlimited soda and evian and VIP tender tickets and invitations to onboard events (cocktail parties, chocoholic buffet, etc). One thing we really liked about that suite was the extra bathroom.

Hopefully someone who has stayed there recently will check in and tell you what's offered in the suite now, but I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Thank you! Sometimes when I take pictures during a cruise of things like our suite or some of the public areas my mom will be like "why are you taking pictures of that? No one will want to see that!" and I say "it's for the people on Cruise Critic!"

I read that you got the AA as an upsell on your cruise; so did we. Since then we anxiously answer all of our phone calls about a month prior to our cruise in case it's the upsell fairy calling again :)

Thank you so much, you have been very helpful

Would you by any chance know what the Blowdryers are like in this suite. I tend to have frizzy hair. Would I need to walk with one?

Although I have never experienced this on the spirit, i have read on other threads on the same subject that they are not that powerful.

However, maybe someone else can address this.

Wow, my wife and I are looking even more to this suite after seeing your pictures Cruiser82. Thank you for the info. Question, does the suite have a sofa bed? I tend to snore and I'm sure I'll be kicked out of bed at least one night.:D

We were upgraded in 2005 to the Spirit suite 9708. It's a lovely suite with great amenities DIRECTLY BELOW the children's pool and hot tub area. The motor and pump for the pool runs DAY and NIGHT and is above the bedroom part of the suite. Bring earplugs. It also makes the suite's bathroom vibrate a bit. More exciting? Perhaps.....LOL.

We were in 9708 and our friends were in 9710 (connecting if you remove a wall) on an Alaskan cruise when the ship first came over from the orient line. The room was fantastic for that cruise because it was in the back of the boat out of the wind and you could see both sides not just one side from a balcony. I do not remember any noise but I do remember the vibrations. Never thought they were a problem and they actually helped me go to sleep.

The extra bathroom was a godsend and a great bonus to have. The dinning area is very nice and you should "eat in" with the butler one one night to enjoy the area. We had the butler deliver breakfast items every morning at a set time. He would just set them up on the dinning table and leave and we would wake and have coffee etc right there.

You will love the room and wish that you had it on future cruises.

Wow, my wife and I are looking even more to this suite after seeing your pictures Cruiser82. Thank you for the info. Question, does the suite have a sofa bed? I tend to snore and I'm sure I'll be kicked out of bed at least one night.:D

There wasn't a sofabed and it couldn't accommodate a rollaway bed (we tried to request one) but I wish it could because my mom and I had to share the bed! It was definitely big enough for the two of us though but since then we've booked either the AB or A3 suite because they have the seperate children's bedroom/bathroom. Tell your wife to pack some earplugs! :D

Archived