Liz Periera

Mitzi_Muffin

Hi Liz We would like to visit Turtle Beach when we visit St Kitts in March on board the Constellation. The ship do a tour of the city then to turtle beach for 35$ each for my husband and I, do you think this price is OK or would you get a taxi after some of the posting I am a little apprehensive of getting a taxi.

What do you think of St kitts Railroad is it worth a trip

Thanks Mitzi

Mitzi, I'm returning to St. Kitts on February 11th (again), and from the cruise ship schedule I see the "Constellation" is in from 8AM to 6PM whenever it comes to St. Kitts.

That gives you plenty of time to ride the St. Kitts Scenic Railway tour (3 hours) AND go down to Turtle Beach, too. There's time for both.

The train ride is quite enjoyable (especially for anyone from the UK, where railways were born and are appreciated: St. Kitts has the "Last Railway in the Indies", narrow gauge, very scenic, nice tour narration, free drinks, and even a Caribbean three-part Railway Choir!

In March the "Constellation" is in port on March 8th and March 29th. Each of those dates there are two bigger ships ("Constellation" and "Sea Princess" on 3/8, and "Constellation" and "Empress of the Seas" on 3/29) and one small one (either "Star Clipper" or "Royal Clipper") all in port together.

In general you can get a taxi right at the end of the pier when you get off the ship in St. Kitts, but multi-ship days can be quite "busy" for the taxis, and sometimes they are in short supply if lots of people are going on tours or to the beaches all at once. To be on the safe side, and be able to do what you want when you want it, you might check the timing on the ship's tour to Turtle Beach, and see if it works for you and your husband's plans for the day. That assures you of the timing being "up to you". You could of course also have a pre-arranged taxi lined up for you at a certain time, and have them waiting for you, and that again assures you of getting the time you want to have for the Turtle Beach visit. Price-wise, ship's tour for US $35 each would be fine.

Important note: you shouldn't have any apprehension about getting a taxi in St. Kitts. All of them are quite professional. I have worked with a hundred of them over the last six years, and have personally never had a bad experience with anyone.

Have a wonderful trip, and enjoy this unique and extremely beautiful island.

Rail Traveler

Hi Liz We would like to visit Turtle Beach when we visit St Kitts in March on board the Constellation. The ship do a tour of the city then to turtle beach for 35$ each for my husband and I, do you think this price is OK or would you get a taxi after some of the posting I am a little apprehensive of getting a taxi.

What do you think of St kitts Railroad is it worth a trip

Thanks Mitzi

Thanks Rail Traveler your suggestion sounds great and I know my husband would like the rail journey. We were lucky enough to travel on the steam train in South Africa last year and it was great the scenery was out of this world. I have just checked my itinery and we do not dock until 10am so that may be a problem and we leave at 5pm. Looking forward to our trip tanks again Mitzi.

Archived