Have you been to Europe/Africa on Carnival?

sgriff17

My wife and I have been on 4 Carnival cruises (all north america/caribbean) and we are now looking at Europe and North Africa.

Have you been on any of these cruises? What do you think about it? How does it differ from caribbean cruises (other than the obvious geographical aspect). Did you feel safe in Africa?

I know some people have been on European cruises and said your fellow pax - who are European - can be very rude, etc, etc. However, that was on a Costa ship which is why we're looking at Carnival again.

Just looking for thoughts on it, thanks!

My wife and I have been on 4 Carnival cruises (all north america/caribbean) and we are now looking at Europe and North Africa.

Have you been on any of these cruises? What do you think about it? How does it differ from caribbean cruises (other than the obvious geographical aspect). Did you feel safe in Africa?

I know some people have been on European cruises and said your fellow pax - who are European - can be very rude, etc, etc. However, that was on a Costa ship which is why we're looking at Carnival again.

Just looking for thoughts on it, thanks!

I was on Carnival Liberty for it's first European sailing - an overwhelming majority of the passengers were from the USA and Canada... I would say the biggest difference is that there are a lot less children onboard, I'm assuming due to the cost

Also, am I missing something? I wasn't aware that Carnival had an itinerary that included Africa... Please elaborate

the biggest difference with the european cruise is that it tends to be more about the ports. learning about the culture, history and architecture as opposed to laying on the beach. excursions are longer because of the distance some cities are from the ports - for example rome is over an hour away from civitavecchia where the ship docks.

there were not a lot of europeans on the med cruise. mainly americans and canadians. on the transatlantic there were a lot of europeans and some of the stereotypes held true.

Cruised the Liberty 05 to Europe. This was great cruise for us. We are mid forties and foundthe age to be the average. Also as said before less children.

Since we were on the first year of CCl to europe, it was alot of return passengers and about 87% American.

We found the ports to be some of the greatest. As we had never been to Europe before it gave us a chance to visit many different places in our 12 days. We look forward to booking another cruise there. We hope taht CCL will start lookinginto Northern Europe and cruise out of London.

We sailed on Liberty June/06. It was fantastic. There aren't as many things happening on ship. Everyone is in port. Some evenings it was dead because everyone was tired. There were a lot of kiddo's. We made sure none of our private tours included kids. That was a good thing. You will love the Med. cruise.

Archived