Thoughts on the Celebrity Part 1

dmk

I just returned from a B2B on the Century. There has been much written about this ship and its shortened itinerary. I thought I'd add some of my impressions.

...first impressions, an elegant tastefully furnished ship.

...Martini Bar, has been described and photographed by many but you can't really appreciate the atmosphere until you are there. As your Martini rests on the frozen ice bar (I never realized that the bar's surface is made of actual ice), the colours of the room, soothingly change from one end of the spectrum to the other

...loved the Disco. At last it is full of energetic lively people. the dance floor was packed every night...excellent DJ...they have managed to create more of the intimacy of a disco in the bar area. The music envelops you and you can feel the beat and the rhythm through your shoes. One can sit and also be a people watcher as the room radiates from the dance floor to the more outer areas of the room where the music is more out of ear.

...Murano, elegant, intimate...excellent food and service

...the Grand restaurant has soft, creamy, golden tones

...The food was excellent...the beef a better quality than my last cruise..done exactly as preferred and I didn't need to bring my own steak knife, they had great ones.

...loved the Disco. At last it is full of energetic lively people. the dance floor was packed every night...excellent DJ...

The night we went.. about an hour prior to the Caribbean party, the DJ was playing "the Divine Diva Hour" to... just the 2 of us... we requested some titles but when he selected Britney Speers as a Diva we knew the DJ was not on the same page as we were for our dance choices. The Party Band Synergy was fantastic and we spent some wonderful hours in the Crystal Room. Take 4 in the Rendezvous managed to keep it empty from people who like dance music.

Ballroom dance classes by Kristen and Javier were a joy to attend. Javier was the best X Dancer ever to have showed us some wonderful moves. Previous dancers taught some moves and told us to have fun, but Javier seemed to have specialized in the Cha-Cha, Tango and the Salsa.

C2C

It is too bad you didn't go to the Disco for the 70's, 80's and Motown nights. The place was packed. I am in my 50's and really enjoyed the music and the memories. The Disco usually came alive about 11:00, 11:30. I think the Caribbean Party started about that time. If you arrived an hour earlier, I'm not surprised that it was dead.

But, Britney Spears, a DIVA?!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Archived