Conquest or Rhapsody of the Seas from Galveston

bluedevil72

We are planning a cruise out of Galveston in August. The price that week for the Conquest is $210 cheaper than the Rhapsody. Some of the other weeks in August it is much more that. Why the big difference in price? We have cruised on the Carnival Spirit and loved it. I know it was built about the same time as the Conquest although I don't know if it is the same class ship. We have never cruised RCCL before but would certainly like to try it. Is there anyone out there who has done both and could fill me in on the differences. I realize everyone has their favorites but is there enough difference to pay over $200pp more for the Rhapsody? Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Went on the Conquest a few years ago. Went on the Rhapsody, our 1st RCI cruise in Dec. Just my opinion, but I would definitely choose the Conquest. Food, entertainment, activities better on the Conquest. The particular Rhapsody cruise we were on was rather sedate - was told it was a fluke but was very quiet. We are in our mid-50's so not partiers. Of course there is a difference in ship size . The Conquest is much larger and some prefer a smaller ship. The only drawback to the Conquest was that it too longer in tender ports due to # of passengers, but wasn't really a problem. The Rhapsody was a nice ship with lots of windows and plenty of places to sit. We did enjoy the RCI room service as you can order some items from the regular dining room menu. Service on both is comparable.

If you go to the Carnival Cruise Line message board there is good thread called "Carnival vs. Royal Caribbean" (It may be vise versa.) I've been on both ships. The Conquest is much bigger. There are a lot more bars and lounges. The buffet area had an awesome selection. The Conquest is classical french themed. At times I felt like I was in the French quarter of New Orleans. Overall the Conquest is my favorite cruise ship of any that I have been on.

The Rhapsody of The Seas was very elegant. I think it was more elegant than the Conquest. My favorite part of the ship was an ancient egyptian themed solarium. The cruise I was on was dominated by older rich people. A lot of the attitudes of the other passengers mirrored the 1st class passengers as portrade in the movie "Titanic". I suspected that the passenger demographics may of been because of the time of year. I beleave I was 27 at the time I was on the Rhapsody. One thing I liked about cruising with older passengers was that after 10pm I virtually had the ship to myself.

Archived