Avalon Budapest to Amsterdam Schedule

letsgo39

Does anyone have or know where I can get the arrival and departure times for each port on the Avalon Budapset to Amsterdam river cruise? I would love to start planning free time for our July cruise but it is difficult to do if you don't know the length of time in each port.

Thanks,I know you will all come through for me.

Hi Letsgo,

We are booked on Amedeus, Amsterdam to Budapest in July. I got a contact number off the Amadeus website, called and asked for the times. They e-mailed the schedule to me. You might try doing that with Avalon.

Good luck....and have a great trip!!:)

Hi Letsgo39

If you find out, please post your answer. I would love to get an idea of the time available in the ports - I wonder if it is the same for all the cruises (we are on the same route in May), or if changes are made for every date. And I would think that the schedule would depend water levels, lock times, etc.

I am also with Avalon BUD - AMS, May 13, and would also like that info - I am as interested in the times that the ship is underway as I am in those alongside. Do we make most of our passages at night? I have already worked out that sunset is not until about 2000 (8 PM).

paterry - Looks like we may meet :)

Still working on it. My travel agent has contacted Avalon and is waiting to hear back from them.I'll let you all know what I find out.

There was a post on these boards awhile ago that had the schedule for 2006 up to day 8. I believe the thread was titled "what line Amsterdam to Budapest" I will see if I can find it.

Found this posted by DEEGEE in Sept 2006

DEEGEE----

What time did you arrive in Amsterdam at the end of your cruise? Was your Canal cruise in the morning or afternoon? I am trying to decide if we should stay an extra day in Amsterdam. I have been there before on a Globus tour but DH has not.

Do you know where I can get info regarding arrival and departure times for each stop on the cruise.I don't always like to go with the group and am trying to plan each days activities.

Thanks,

I have been looking for someone who had done this cruise.

I have phoned and E- Mailed Globus about times for our upcoming tour in Oct, but they cite river traffic and lock Shedules as affecting these times and do not publish them. I have put together a schedule based on notes i can find, hope it helps you.

Day 1

0930- Arr. Budapest, transfer to hotel Softiel

1300- Transfer to ship, Easy walk to central market and main Shopping Street , Vaci Ucta ( spelling )

Day 2

Morning tour of Budapest, afternoon free

Optional tours

The Hungarian Parliment $42.00

Jewish Budapest $38.00

Szentendre Ceramics Museum $46.00

Gulyas, Puszta, Paprika Horse Farm $52.00

We did not take any of these tours, we found much to see in Budapest esp. Central Market and St Stephens Cath.

Day 3

Early departure for Bratislava

1330- Arrive Bratislava

2300- Sail for Vienna

Day 4

0730- Arrive Vienna, morning city tour, Ringstrassa, walking tour, St Stephens

Optional Tours

Schoenbrunn Palace $48.00

Polkas, Waltzes, and Strauss $54.00

having been to Schoenbrunn we passed on this opt.

Music program is a bit touristy, but you must hear Strauss and Motzart while in Vienna.

We particularly enjoyed the Church of st charles de borremeo, about a 15 to 20 min walk from st Stevens

2330- leave Vienna

Day 5

0730- Arrive Durnstein ( a beautiful wine village )

1045- Sail to Melk

1430- Arrive Melk, The Abby is a Boroque Spectacular

2200- depart for Linz

Day 6

0730- Arrive at Linz

Optional tour to Salzburg, full day, rejoin ship at Passau $87.00 If you take the tour there is no Sightseeing in either Linz or Passau, We took this tour and found it well worth the money.

1630- arrive Passau

1830- Sail to Regensburg

Day 7

1030- arrive Regensburg

1400- coach trip to river boat up Danube gorge to Marksburg Abby Note: it is a long walk from the Abby to the coaches to return to the ship

1700- Sail to Nurnburg

Sorry I cant find my notes for stops at:

Day 8

Nurnburg

Day 9 Bamburg

Day 10 Wurtzburg

Day-11 Wertheim And Miltenburg

Day 12 Rudesheim

Day 13 Rhine Gorge, Coblenz

Day 14 0800 arrive Cologne

1900 depart for Amsterdam

Day 15 1230 Arrive Amsterdam