How many bags? & TV question...

SherriM

We are leaving on a 15 day cruise on the Zaandam tomorrow.

How many bags are we allowed to bring on? We seem to have a lot of suitcases and were just wondering if there is an actual limit? And if we can't squeeze the empties under the bed, etc will they be able to store them for us until ready to re-pack?

Will we be able to watch the Super Bowl in our room or will we have to go to a Sports Bar?

Yes...we are very excited!!! :)

You should be able to watch the game in your room. I was on the Noordam during the 1st week of the playoffs and the games were on in our room. If they have a SB party you might want to check it out. I was very impressed by HAL & what they did for the playoffs. The sports bar and nightclub both had the games on. They put out hot & cold food and popcorn. It was all ready to go for the 1pm game and they came back to replenish every so often right through the 4pm game. They had officers patrolling to make sure everything was still in good shape throughout the day. It wasn't just an afterthought, they really made it nice. Enjoy your trip!

p.s. one of my suitcases is very large and it was able to fit under the bed (usually not the case on other lines), but if you run out of room just ask & they'll store it for you.

The only limit your going to run into is the one the airline has. Make sure you check with your carrier for the number of checked bags and carry-ons allowed. Keep in mind airlines charge you extra money if any piece of checked baggage weighs more than 50 pounds (this now unfortunately includes most overseas flights as well).

HAL does pay for major sporting events and will have them available throughout the ship including your cabin.

HAL does pay for major sporting events and will have them available throughout the ship including your cabin.

Out of curiosity, how "major" does a sporting event have to be? For example, do they ever show, say, regular season NFL games, or regular season baseball/basketball/college football games? If not, what does the Sports Bar show outside of days when there are major events?

Two pieces of baggage and one carry-on for the 15 day. We were fortunate to be cruising on HAL during two Super Bowl games several years ago. The game was on in the theatre (big screen) with goodies (hot dogs, etc.). One of the cruises the game was on the cabin tv.

The only limit your going to run into is the one the airline has. Make sure you check with your carrier for the number of checked bags and carry-ons allowed. Keep in mind airlines charge you extra money if any piece of checked baggage weighs more than 50 pounds (this now unfortunately includes most overseas flights as well).

Thank you, Chief - I should have mentioned that we live in San Diego county so we are able to have our daughter take us to the terminal and pick us up! Course we promised her the $$ we saved by not long-term parking! :D

Still sad that the Chargers won't be playing...but good to know that we have options as to where we watch the game. :)

You should be able to watch the game in your room. I was on the Noordam during the 1st week of the playoffs and the games were on in our room. If they have a SB party you might want to check it out. I was very impressed by HAL & what they did for the playoffs. The sports bar and nightclub both had the games on. They put out hot & cold food and popcorn. It was all ready to go for the 1pm game and they came back to replenish every so often right through the 4pm game. They had officers patrolling to make sure everything was still in good shape throughout the day. It wasn't just an afterthought, they really made it nice. Enjoy your trip!

p.s. one of my suitcases is very large and it was able to fit under the bed (usually not the case on other lines), but if you run out of room just ask & they'll store it for you.

Awesome info...thank you!

all i know is we take the same number of bags for longer cruises as we do for a 7 niter --- we just send stuff to the laundry and wear again

This is only our second cruise. The first was a 7 day to Mexico. Our 'numerous' bags are packed and this will be a learning experience, no doubt! Maybe next time I won't pack a variety of coordinating purses, etc! :o

Archived