Glory vs Liberty

JJHNLC

Ok, we booked the Liberty in March 07 my first his 4th (2nd on Carnical). He just came back from a cruise on the Glory & he was disappointed in the ship, food & service - also he felt like the balcony room was kind of small. Keep in mind this is compared to Royal Caribbean (Mariner) cruise. For those of you who have been on the Glory & the Liberty are they basically the same?

I just got off the Glory, did the Liberty last year, I would say they are virtually the same. I had balcony cabins on both ships, did not notice any difference. I have not sailed the other cruise lines, so cannot compare.

I would rate the quality of the food on Glory highly, but not if you want steak every night, which is sometimes tough and not choice cuts. Fish and Prime Rib got good reviews. We liked our table on the Liberty better as it was against the window, and therefore quieter, and our service was better as well.

No matter what, it's better than being home.

Was on the Liberty march 06 and the Glory dec06. Both ships are the same except for the big screen on the lido deck on the liberty. Had balcony cabins on both on the empress deck and they were the same size. If you are flying in (as we do) I find fort lauderdale easier to get to than port canaveral, so the liberty gets my vote over the glory.

Your husband is somewhat amiss in his assessment of cabin size. Average published balcony cabin size on Voyager class (Mariner) ships is 172 sq ft plus balcony; same cabins on Conquest Class ( Glory and Liberty) are 185 sq ft plus balcony. Having sailed on both ships, they have basically the same deck plan with a few twists; of course the decor is different. Liberty has a Fish & Chips restaurant located above the Lido Deck restaurant, and as mentioned, the outdoor movie screen. Of the two, I'd give the edge to the Liberty. Both ships are in my immediate cruise plans (Liberty in April, Glory in July) for the second time.

Archived