Hobby-Galveston transfers??

JustRambling

Hey All,

We will be sailing on the Conquest in August. We are arriving the day before our cruise (a saturday) and the we come back to Galveston and get off the ship on a Sunday. I am having a REAL problem finding affordable transportation from Hobby to our hotel in Galveston and then from the cruise terminal back to Hobby. There are four of us. Hertz and Enterprise are not an option because of their office hours in Galveston on those days. They are not open past 12pm on Saturday or Sunday. That just isn't going to work for us. Does anybody here, especially those who live in the area, know of some AFFORDABLE transportation? I've called all the limo services and we just can't afford the prices we are being quoted.

I called our hotel and asked about a shuttle service and they mentioned a place called American Transport?? It is the lowest price we've found. ($25/per person one way) Does anybody have any experience with this company, good or bad?? If I'd known it was going to be such a big deal to get transportation, I don't think I would have booked this particular cruise. *sigh* Sure hope someone can help us out here. At this point, I would make friends with a local and pay them $75 each way just to pick us up and take us where we need to go. LOL! :D

Does anybody know how much a Taxi would be from Hobby to Galveston? And then from Galveston to Hobby?? Probably expensive too, huh?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Diana

We are leaving April 4th on the Ecstasy and are having the same problem. There have been a number of posts on this subject, but there have not been any good answers, or I guess not the answer I am looking for (cheap transportation).Rental cars are being hit with large drop-off fees, shuttles and limos are even more expensive for the two of us. Our hotel is offering a shuttle for $35.00 per person each way. This may be the way to go. I was hoping it would be like Orlando to Port Canaveral, $30.00 rental car for the day. If someone has any other ideas I would love to hear them.

$25pp each way sounds like a deal, I would take it if you can verify the company.

I have searched numerous threads and made numerous phone calls, $30-$40pp each way seems to be the going rate. We are sailing Grand and I think Princess is $35pp ea way. We (four of us) booked a private shuttle/limo for $115 each way, add tip and your still in the range noted above.

Just grin :D and pay it, it's only $ and what's another couple hundred. BTW, the rental counters in airport should be open until 10-11P, we just didn't want to hassle with the car. Good luck.

Archived