Talk of Grand coming to Houston in 2008

I heard that same thing when we were on the Grand in Nov from one of the future cruise sales reps. She said it wasnt a sure thing but that she had heard rumblings or something like that. She said that the new cruise terminal in Houston will be ready in 2 yrs. I hope it isnt that long until PCL is back in Texas.

I think I had read a post about the possibility of PCL going to the new Houston terminal a while back, but it was stated that the time to get out of the Houston port area was considerable and would impact the ports that would be available during a 7 day cruise.

I think I had read a post about the possibility of PCL going to the new Houston terminal a while back, but it was stated that the time to get out of the Houston port area was considerable and would impact the ports that would be available during a 7 day cruise.

The location of the "new" Port of Houston will definitely increase the steaming time of cruise ships trying to reach the open Gulf of Mexico. I would estimate somewhere in the neighborhood of an hour and a half to reach the outer jetty bouy.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed that Princess has a change of mind and brings the Grand back to Texas when the new terminal opens.

That's odd because the Grand is scheduled to sail the Western Caribbean on 2008 from Fort Lauderdale.

I didn't know the 2008 Fall/Winter schedule was out yet. I'll have to go look as I've been waiting to see it.

I have a friend who is leaving from the Houston port on NCL this weekend. I will ask her how much longer it takes to get to the Gulf. I was surprised when she told me they had 3 sea days on a 7 day cruise in that area. Will report if this thread stays alive.

The person I spoke with said this is talk for the future. I wonder how this is going to impact the Galveston port as they have just completed renovation and building to accomodate the cruise ships. The RCCL Voyager is only scheduled to sail out of Galveston through April 2008, with no other ship set to sail out of Galvestons. That will leave only RCCL. This has to be causing a major impact on that area, not only with the port but the hotels, restaurants, rental cars and parking lots. I wonder what happened to cause the exodus?

The person I spoke with said this is talk for the future. I wonder how this is going to impact the Galveston port as they have just completed renovation and building to accomodate the cruise ships. The RCCL Voyager is only scheduled to sail out of Galveston through April 2008, with no other ship set to sail out of Galvestons. That will leave only RCCL. This has to be causing a major impact on that area, not only with the port but the hotels, restaurants, rental cars and parking lots. I wonder what happened to cause the exodus?

Archived