Just back from Jewel of the Seas....

smw0621

We were also on this sailing and had a wonderful time. The dinners I was not impressed with the entrees but the soups salads and bread were delicious as ever. Several nites I didn't want an entree but my husband figured it would throw our wonderful server to much. We had without a doubt the best head waiter/waitress ever. Her name was Kristina and when she found out I was going to miss the warm chocolate cake for Chops she had it prepared for our table the next nite. Outstanding service!!
We were in cabin 8164 the window washer block well it really blocks 8162 and really not any big deal. Don't want to throw anyone into a panic but it really is no big deal. The cabins on deck seven forward have no obstruction and a larger balcony.
We don't do any of the shows. Love to go to the Safari club before and after dinner and sit at the bar with Odo. He was our bartender when we were on in November. By the way there were probably no more than 25 children on this sailing for the person who had the problem in November.
Any other questions let me know. We go mostly to the bars and sun on the pool deck. The band MIT were wonderful also they would play on the pool deck in the afternoons.

I want to start this saying we Love RCCL. Have cruised with them a lot.
Had the Royal Suite. Needless to say it's fabulous. We had a great
cruise. Weather was very good. The services were very nice. Our dinners
were good. I saw creme brulee on luncheon buffet. Don't care for the City
of Dreams show. We did like the Goucho proformers! Very fun. I find the
ship to be casually elegant. Love the layout and never feel crowded at all.
It runs smoothly. We will soon be Diamond Members. We continue to be
pleased with the RCCL experience.

We were on this same cruise and absolutely loved it!! It was our 9th cruise and the best!! I just had my review published last night. You'll have to check it out. Yes, Marc was great - had seen him on the Sovereign before. He's really funny. Loved Judy Kolba too! The food was outstanding - anyone going MUST try Portofino and Chops. We ate at each one and tried to get in again at the end of the cruise, but they didn't have availability. Book the first day. The food is so darn good!! Beautiful ship, great service. Really loved it!!

We were on this same cruise and absolutely loved it!! It was our 9th cruise and the best!! I just had my review published last night. You'll have to check it out. Yes, Marc was great - had seen him on the Sovereign before. He's really funny. Loved Judy Kolba too! The food was outstanding - anyone going MUST try Portofino and Chops. We ate at each one and tried to get in again at the end of the cruise, but they didn't have availability. Book the first day. The food is so darn good!! Beautiful ship, great service. Really loved it!!

We also booked through a travel agent and I guess it was my fault for not paying attention. We always get balcony rooms and never worry to much about it being obstructed because we have never had this happen to us before. When we returned I did talk to our travel agent and she had no idea of the osbstruction either. Which I certainly believe her because she has been our TA for many years and has never steered us wrong. But now she knows for future travelers.
We also had a great wait staff and I would also like to give a shout out to Rosebird in the Seaview Cafe, he was always smiling and so polite to us. He must be very popular because on the last night we went to say goodbye to him and alot of other cruisers were doing the same.
All the crew staff were friendly on this ship, I don't believe we ever encountered a problem the whole cruise.

I'm so glad your friend was lucky. We had main seating in the dining room and must of missed all the excitement.

Archived