Favorite shore excursions?

Jenbo57

Hubby and I are doing the Mexican Riviera on Carnival Pride in May. I've been pouring over the descriptions of the shore excursions for each port (PV, Mazatlan and Cabo) and I just can't make up my mind what we should do where!

We'd like to spend time in one port just wandering around -- which is most accessible and interesting? One water excursion -- snorkeling or jet skis, probably, but haven't decided where. I'm not so big on shopping, but I would like to know which city has the best places to pick up Mexican folk art (I collect Day of the Dead figures, morbid as that may sound!) :) Basically we like the activites/places that are more off the beaten track! Oh, and where/what should we definitely stay away from.

Any suggestions will be most greatly appreciated! Thanks!

It is my understanding that you need to do your shopping either in PV or Mazatlan as it will be cheaper than Cabo and have better selections. Cabo will probably be your better bet for the water type excursions. The zip lines in PV are very popular if you are into that sort of thing. We are just wanting a quiet day on the beach so have chosen to go to Stone Island in Mazatlan for the day. I guess it just really depends on what you want to do. I am sure there are others that can answer this better than me!

My husband and I are also going on the Carnival Pride in May! In PV we are doing the expert hiking tour, in Cabo we are going to be doing the ATV tour, but still have no idea what to do about Mazatlan. Not much to choose from there. I've read on some other posts that just going to one of the hotels and using their pools, beach and restaurants is nice and relaxing. I still just don't know though. I read that Stone Island is fun, but I'm going to Mazatlan...I don't want to be wisked off to another island. Not the first time anyway. Good luck!

Archived