Air Tahiti Nui business class

koalabear6314

As we're flying from Paris to PPT on Air Tahiti Nui with only a short 2 hr stop in LA, we've opted to fly business in the hope that we'll arrive in some kind of decent shape before our PG cruise (after 22 hours in the air).

After reading the boards it looks like lots of cc have upgraded at the airport so can anyone recommend the best seats to go for ? The cabin is in a 2-2-2 layout, so I guess none could be that bad.

Any comments on the seat/ service they offer in bc ?

I've tried seat guru and other seat sites, but none of them give recommendations for best/worst seats in bc on TN.

From what I can see it appears that the only bad seats are the last row, which is near the lavatory and galley (noise and odors).

I am not a fan of the middle two seats as you have carts passing on both sides of you. Also, as the first row (Row 2) is a bulkhead you will not be able to have your bag with you during takeoffs or landing.

Hope this helps.

For what it's worth, this is what I found on airlinequality.com:

Airbus A340 - Business Class

Please note : that in 2005 Air Tahiti Nui changed closet width behind last row (row 5) of Poerava Business - to now allow full recline of all Business Class seats in row 5.

Air Tahiti Nui Passenger Seat Tip

Airbus A340 - Business Class

Rows 3 and 4 both have good recline and pitch on all the Air Tahiti Nui aircraft. Rows 5 on all the aircraft have less of a recline, being the last row in business class. On the two newest aircraft, the Rangiroa and the Moorea, row 2 seats AB and JK have extra legroom, but on the other aircraft, the Bora Bora and the Mangareva, these seats have less legroom.

We booked our air through the cruise line. DH called ATN and asked about buying an upgrade and they said that the fare was not upgradeable...are you saying that it is if there are seats available at the time of departure? Just curious because the upgrade charges through RSSC could buy another short cruise elsewhere and we opted to deal with the way RSSC booked us. I'd love to upgrade, esp. since I have a bad back from a car accident. OUCH! (Instead of upgrading, I'll take a sleeping pill and "fuhgettaboutit!" while we fly over all that water...all that water...all that water...zzzzzzzzz.

Thanks!

From what I can see it appears that the only bad seats are the last row, which is near the lavatory and galley (noise and odors).

I am not a fan of the middle two seats as you have carts passing on both sides of you. Also, as the first row (Row 2) is a bulkhead you will not be able to have your bag with you during takeoffs or landing.

Hope this helps.

We were assigned the two middle seats in the last row. Like Eric, I wouldn't normally choose them first. However, because the business class cabin is so roomy, we didn't have an issue with either the proximity of the lavatories nor the carts passing by on both sides. I am not sure if all of ATN's planes are that spacious, but it was indeed a pleasant surprise. The service was very good, as well - and the food even better. Enjoy!!!

I prefer the center row where my seatmate doesn't have to climb over me to get to the aisle. especially on long flights. Even on the planes where there is a row of single seats down the middle, I choose the center every time! Bulkhead center is a different story. Too many people think it's okay to climb over you as if your foot room is an aisle way.

JoAnne B

Houston

We booked our air through the cruise line. DH called ATN and asked about buying an upgrade and they said that the fare was not upgradeable...are you saying that it is if there are seats available at the time of departure?

Thanks!

We were on Paul Gauguin' date=' and we upgraded at LAX.[/color']

Thanks for all the advice. Although it is pricey to fly all the way from Europe in business class to Tahiti, we decided that if we're going to do it straight through then bc was our only option....(worry about the credit card bill later !!)

We've opted for the 2 window seats on the way out as its mostly daylight, and the 2 centre seats on the return as its nearly all night flying, so it will be easier for us to get up without disturbing the other.

Seatexpert. com has a more detailed seating plan for others that are interested. I also discovered another site, expertflyer.com which displays all the pre reserved and vacant seats on any flight, including TN (I was suprised how few free seats are left despite our flight not being for another 6 months). You do have to sign up for it but you can have the first 5 days free, so long enough to make your seating decisions. Hope this will help others.

Archived