What/Where to buy in Cozumel?

Nancyk529

The "Central" shopping area away from the port seems to be the recommended place to get souvenirs. The hand embroidered clothing seemed to be a good price (I bought an adorable jumper for my niece for $12). There are lots of silver jewelry shops with moderate prices. There are lots and lots of T shirt shops too, of course, but those were not very interesting to me.

Hammocks

Vanilla

Hot Sauce

Onyx (especially chess sets, although heavy)

Glassware

Talavera Ceramics

Silver

Tequila

Kahlua

and more...

I recommend you start at Cinco Soles, which has a great selection of just about everything. Then walk your way back towards your ship. Hop in a cab when you get tired!

Enjoy!

I've found that if you're looking for Tequila, Kahlua or Vanilla - try the local supermarkets - especially Chedraui (across from Plaza Las Glorias - 3 blocks from Punta Langosta). They have Kahlua available right now for about $8 US a bottle - cheapest on the island. Back in Texas, that same bottle sells for about $25! Vanilla there is less than $2 for a full liter. Also, if you go there, take a quick walk through the fresh produce area, you'll see some items that you've never seen before. In that same plaza, there is a Quiksilver store that sells their stuff a LOT cheaper than they do at Punta Langosta. They have a lot of ROXY stuff there for girls as well.

Have fun in Cozumel, and if you get a chance, stop by and see us at Golfito (Cozumel Mini-Golf), we have the coldest and (we think) the best Sangria in town. :D

DW (fiance at the time) purchase a Tanzanite/diamond ring in Cozumel at Diamonds International. A lovely, beautiful ring. I was hesitant to purchase anything 'expensive' there, but the store was a 'recommend' on the ship.

After returning to the states, we noticed the tanzanite stone appeared to be loose in the mounting. Found out there must have been a crack in the bottom or girdle of the stone, and a very small piece had broken off, so it didn't sit in the mounting correctly.

After contacting Diamonds International in NewYork, we were told they would be more than happy to fiz/repair the ring under their warranty. We were hesitant, as this ring was special as it was purchased just prior to our wedding in OchoRios three days later, and the stone was beautiful. We finally sent it off, and were totally amazed when it was returned. The replacement stone was as pretty as the original, if not more so. :)

If you are looking for Tanzanite.. THAT is the place to go!!

Archived