Caribbean Princess 10/23/04

Michael Kays

We are sailing on the CP 10/23/04 BD category A718 balcony..we are on waiting list for 2nd seating..any good news?? bad news? I have read several reviews about reserving alterantive dining, crowds, uncovered balconies..etc etc..any information greatly appreciated..:)

Hi M.K.. We were just on the Caribbean Princess and I think I can answer your questions.. If Sue is correct, you may not have any luck trying to get traditional seating at all. Check with the Maitre d' asap and make sure you are on the waiting list for 2nd seating, traditional. You may get in, as some people switch to personal choice leaving vacancies. You had better make standing reservations if you use PC, as this ship carries 500+ more passengers than it's sisters the Grand & Golden and the dining rooms can be packed-out during dinner.. The balconies on Aloha are covered by the Lido deck's overhang. This is a plus if your facing the afternoon sun, or run into rain. It is not noisey, as the Lido is surrounded by a glass wall... Hope this helps... Bombero

thanks for the info..according to PCL web page I am on standby for 2nd seating..if I am still on stanby at sailing, my first chore will be to reserve PC dining times..do i do that at the restuarant? I thought I saw someones email that said call as soon as you get on board?

We are sailing on the CP 10/23/04 BD category A718 balcony..we are on waiting list for 2nd seating..any good news?? bad news? I have read several reviews about reserving alterantive dining, crowds, uncovered balconies..etc etc..any information greatly appreciated..:)

We had PC dining and did not have any problem getting a table. (CP 7/17 sold out ship). We did eventually make reservations for late in the evening for dinner 'cause we found a great waiter and another couple we enjoyed dining with. The only "wait" we had was on the first formal night and that was about 10 minutes. We requested a table for 4 and that held us up a bit. I consider that entirely acceptable.

The only real crowds we encountered were on Princess Cays. Other than that there was an occasional line in the buffet (mostly due to people not realizing there are food stations!) and at the pursers desk right after boarding, prior to disembarkation. We avoided those lines by going the evining of sailing and the afternoon before leaving.

Some of the shows in the lounge fill up quickly due to the popularity of the venue (Sarge the comedian - he's VERY good!). Suggest getting there 20 min's or earlier to get a seat if the show is in the lounge versus the Princess theater. I think there would have been crowds there regardless of the passenger count due to the popularity of the show and size of the lounge it is held in.

Short of the above situations did not encounter many lines or crowds. It is unlikely that you will get traditonal seating if you are wait listed. Certainly can make reservations in the PC or alternative dining rooms, however if you are eating late anyways you may not find it all that difficult to get a table by just walking up.

Enjoy!

Therese

Thanks Therese,

We started out on the wait list in May well over #100, and have worked our way down to #50 as of today!! PCL says the list will clear. but it doesn't sound like a big deal either way with just the two of us, and we prefer later dining anyway..if we get the munchies we can always grab some lobster and shrimp out of the buffet :))

well we are getting closer..we are now at #18 on the wait list for 2nd seating..I guess final payment made a few decide to cancel for whatever reason..looking forward to getting lost on the CP..I've heard embarkation at Port Everglades has gotten better...we will try for the 11:30 shuttle from Embassy Suites..we have Platinum status but from what I have read it may not be that much of an advantage..

Well, That was a great drop. Don't know if you will clear it, but good luck!! We go out of FT Lauderdale the day after you, on the Star.You have another guy on your cruise, Jack, JUSTCRUISIN, Would you tell him Sue said "hi"?? Have a great cruise!! :)

Archived