Genesis.--- The Maiden.

You can count on me and a whole bunch of other Pink Boa Society members... we have been talking about this one since our inaugural on Freedom.

whenever it is...DH and I will be there

Curious as to whether RCI will have a similar or different marketing plan when they open the bookings for the Genesis class. For Freedom they opened the bookings first for Crown & Anchor members... initial pricing was very high for Freedom and pricing did come down quite a bit by the time the ship had its first sailing on June 4.

:) Okay, just out of interest who is up for the Maiden Voyage of the New Genesis when she comes out,

I will be 1:) :) :)

Next cruise:--- Freedom of the Seas, (back to back) 1st/8th April 2007.

Too much time and too many cruises to take before she sails. Ask me again about two years from now.:D

I have to say that I really hope that when they open up for bookings they do it at a better time in the day than when they did the Freedom...cause folks over this side of the pond were in bed and by the time the offices here were open most of the most favoured cabins were gone.:(

I just read on Seatrader that the option for the second Genesis class expires next month. Will be interesting to see if RCI orders a second ship.

Does that mean that they would never be able to build another ship like Genesis if they don't sign it in a month?

When Liberty moves out to set sail then they start to assemble Independence (?) So when she moves out in April 2008, then Genesis will be cut out & assembly started in the winter for her to sail in August or so 2009. Now I am reading that the 2nd Genesis ship may be dropped? Aker stated they have 3 ships on the contract. But no bigger to be built there.

I'm guessing it will be this spring that she starts being assembled at the shipyards? It will be fun to watch those updates.

Archived