Triumph or Holiday?

beachbum6264

Wow that is a huge difference.

Some people like the smaller ships. We have sailed on the Holiday twice and had an excellent cruise both times.

However, I am an atrium person and the Holiday does not have that.

We have not sailed on the Triumph yet. (We do plan to rectify that oversight this year)

And I would choose the Triumph only because it will be a longer cruise.

(the more time on a ship ...the better)

Holiday only sails on 4 & 5 day cruises, smaller ship, fewer stops

Triumph - 7 day cruises, much larger and newer, more ports and activities

Holiday would compare more with the Fantasy in New Orleans. Same ports and cruise lengths, Fantasy is newer and larger although both were refurbished last year.

I am actually booked on the Triumph for this very cruise, and I have sailed on the Holiday. We loved the Holiday, and would sail again in a minute. The reason we picked the Triumph for this cruise was the price, we booked an aft balcony room on the Verandah deck, which is a slightly larger room and balcony than a regular balcony room, on the Holiday if you want a balcony you have to book one of the cat 12 suites and they go fast. Also, I wanted the experience of going down the Mississippi river again, we sailed down on the Sensation in 2005, and it was a neat thing to get to do. The itinerary is about the same for a 5 night on the Holiday, just check the price differences, and also where you live and how long it would take for you to get there would be a consideration, for us it is about the same to drive to either NO or Mobile. I think you would have a good cruise either way, I am looking forward to trying out the Triumph.:D From what I have seen in the research I have done online, it is a beautiful ship. If you choose the Holiday, you will enjoy it, the crew makes up for anything that the ship may lack.

Archived