First cruise

sgrho96

The Sensation was our first ship also and we will always have fond memories. It's been 5 years since we sailed her so my information is out of date. If you have specific questions on different aspects of cruising, feel free to ask. Also, read as much as you can. The search feature works on these new boards as well and is a very useful tool. :)

The Sensation was my first cruise as well and I just loved it! So much so that I am sailing on her again in October! We had such a great time and I think the Sensation is a great ship to take your first cruise on... I have a review posted in the reviews section and our pictures are below.... any questions, just ask! Have a great time!!!

Nope. Nothing to add as my first Carnival cruise will be on her on the 23rd of October! Just wanted to welcome you to the whacky world of Cruise Critic!! Hope you have a WONDERFUL cruise!

The Sensation was also my first cruise. It has been my favorite to date. Something really special aboit your first time ya know. I sailed the last week in August in 1999.

The hot tubs in the gym were never used except by me all week. I dont think anyone knew they were located there. (its toward the aft. if youwalk around back there on the Lido deck you can look down intot he hot tub.-gotta climb the little window though) i went there everynight an hour before dinner. The whole experince was relaxing and made for great evenings. Look at all themoney we saved by not getting massages.

How I wish I had found this place before our first cruise! I see you already have several reponses with good information you need.

It only gets better from here

Take the time to read those reviews and see that information then come back here with the questions you'll have for answers from people that have been there.

Our first cruise was on the Fascination, a sister to your ship, and we fell in love with cruising, I bet you will too!

Here's more information you might find helpful

http://www.lifeiscruising.com/start_here

Thanks for the replies, guys! CruiseMark we will be on the Sensation the 21st of August also! Can't wait! CruisingisLife, your web site is FANTASTIC! Thank you so much for it. Mtd716, how does this upgrade thing work? We booked with a large group through a TA and basically all I have done up til this moment is pay on my cruise. I won't receive my cruise docs until tomorrow night at this group meeting so I am completely clueless as to what deck we are on. All I know is that we booked an oceanview. I am so glad I stumbled upon this site!!:p

When you get your documents-- check out the back of the sign and sail page. you will see a large number that starts with your booking number. your cabin number will be located in there someplace.

Are you sure you are getting your documents tomorrow night. That would be awesome because people usually dont get those until 2-3 weeks before the cruise

Serene,

From my understanding we will be recieving our documentation, but I could be wrong as I said earlier I have been pretty clueless about this entire process. I do know that we are to bring our birth certificates and a photo ID to have them copied. I'll guess I'll find out more tonight. Thank you again for the help.

We received our docs for the Sensation in the mail over 5 weeks (about 38 days) in advance. Unless I misread, from your countdown clock it looks like you have only have 23 days to go, so you could very well be getting your docs now.

We sailed the Sensation last May and love MS Sensation and you will too!!!

The ship was clean, yet the crew was alway cleaning somewhere to keep her that way.

The food was great and the wait staff as great. Our waiter was Otto and George the Greek is so funny and makes the dining experince great as well.

We'll what more can I say it was all good. We would sail Sensation again in a heart beat.;)

Archived