Transfer from port Xingang to Beijing

Flotsam & Jetsam

:) I've noticed queries about transfers to port but not from the port. Wondered if I could get some assistance with this. We will be arriving at Xingang on "Sapphire Princess" on 1st October (believe this to be their National Week - very busy - lots of people????) & would prefer not to use Princess' transfer - very expensive to us (being Aussie $ usage). If we were already in Beijing we could consult with our hotel but being at the port not possible. Did consider the train but the contemplation of getting luggage to station etc. seemed overwhelming. Wonder if some kind soul can help us please:) . Maybe Kaisatsu will read this - many of my unasked questions have already been answered through Kaisatsu's many postings. Hope someone can assist.

Last October, we were on the Sapphire with a stop in Xingang. I think the reason the Princess transfers are expensive is that the port to Beijing is a 2 to 2 1/2+ hours drive, depending on traffic. The train is not a great choice because little if any English will be spoken and, unlike European trains, there is no place for luggage. As far as hiring a taxi, once a taxi took you to Beijing, he/she would have to come back to the Xingang area so factoring in a round trip, would make the price very expensive.

Since Xingang was a one day port stop, we hired a local travel company to show us nearby Tianjin. If you'd like the travel company information, I'll be happy to provide it so you can compare their transportation price to Princess' price.

Sandy

The one problem we had with this port was the distance between it and Beijing. Unless you grab a taxi and go to the train station, there really is not cheap way to get to the city. This is why we bit the bullet and did the transfer. It turned out to be much easier than trying to arrange something on your own. I do remember reading someone's thread in which he hired a limo driver for the trip, but it was during our Pacific Princess roll call and it's long since vanished.

Sorry I can't help more,

Charlie

:) Thank you to both Sandy & Charlie for your much appreciated info:)

Sandy: We did think the train would prove too much of a hastle, particularly language-wise & also baggage. Would love to have the name of the tour company you used, as this may be the way to go. There might be other cruisers who would wish to use their services, thus making it worth their while to come down to Xingang. Thanks & hope to hear from you

Charlie: At present don't know which way to jump:confused: but your suggestion of biting the bullet & using Princess may be what we decide upon. Thanks again.

The tour company we used was CITS in Tianjin. CITS is a travel agency throughout China, owned by the Chinese government. I have 2 different e-mail addresses for the contact person: Yang Jian (M or F ??)... I just addressed my e-mails to Yang Jian. E-mail addresses: naijgnay@hotmailcom - yangjianhbw@gmail.com - both seemed to work when I was corresponding back and forth with them. We were very pleased with their service. They met us promptly at the dock in an air-conditioned van (there were 6 of us) and the tour of Tianjin was great. Just to give you an idea of cost, we had a 6 hour tour for $57US per person.

Sandy

:) I've noticed queries about transfers to port but not from the port. Wondered if I could get some assistance with this. We will be arriving at Xingang on "Sapphire Princess" on 1st October (believe this to be their National Week - very busy - lots of people????) & would prefer not to use Princess' transfer - very expensive to us (being Aussie $ usage). If we were already in Beijing we could consult with our hotel but being at the port not possible. Did consider the train but the contemplation of getting luggage to station etc. seemed overwhelming. Wonder if some kind soul can help us please:) . Maybe Kaisatsu will read this - many of my unasked questions have already been answered through Kaisatsu's many postings. Hope someone can assist.

Hi,

We used a local company to transfer us from Beijing but I am sure they would be as reliable going in the opposite direction. I can provide the name if you email me or request it here.

We also used CITS and it was great. They took customer service to the extreme. Jackie Chen was our guide and also a manager in the company. I thought it was good business sense to send the managers out once in awhile to renew and refresh their training. We could not have been more pleased with them.

Charlie

:) Cindy: Many thanks - I just can't see for looking:confused: I'll follow up on that site also & would love any other email sites. Thanks again.

Annette

Annette, I am not sure who we will use for transfer yet. I will let you know. What other email sights are you looking for? I have not researched any ports yet. What hotels are you staying at in Bangkok and Thailland. Thanks. Cindy

Hi,

We used a local company to transfer us from Beijing but I am sure they would be as reliable going in the opposite direction. I can provide the name if you email me or request it here.

Could you please give me the name of the company and email address of the company that you used for transfer in Beijing. Thanks Cindy

Could you please give me the name of the company and email address of the company that you used for transfer in Beijing. Thanks Cindy

Hi Cindy,

We used Beijing Limo www.Beijinglimo.com and were very happy with their service. They picked us up from various hotels, arranged port permits....which I don't think you will need if you depart from Beijing because you may check in at the hotel now.

This is the contact info for the company we used in Bangkok:

Airport Transportthai co.,Ltd.

Booking 24hrs. : airporttransportthai@hotmail.com

booking@airporttransportthai.com , www.airporttransportthai.com

Tel. +66 2 9646493 Fax : +66 2 5830029

Hotline 24hrs.: 081-824 0616,085-515 5068

They also were excellent arranging for permits and multi hotel drop off. We had two - three couples per van with luggage. They also offer tours such as the tiger and elephant rides, floating market..... Excellent English speaking contact.

You asked about hotels. We stayed at the Marriott hotel:

http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/bkkth-bangkok-marriott-resort-and-spa/

It is set a little appart from the downtown area, which we didn't consider so bad, but offers a river boat ride right up to the Shangria Hotel and Tram enterance. It is quick and readily available at all times with no fee. The hotel is beautiful. A lush garden around the pool and very good restaurants. The rooms were beautiful too. We got an excellent rate over the web and they do offer a concierge upgrade for an additional fee if available at check in. It is a quieter setting though, not the hustle and bustle of the other hotels.

I have a spread sheet with port tours we took on our Nov. 2005 cruise I will share if you are interested, just send me an email.

Happy Cruising,

:) Charlie: Many thanks for back-up of CITS & confirmation of how good you found them. Also great to have the name of the guide you used. Couldn't agree more - place managers out in the field to assess how things are really going. Thanks again.

:) Cindy: We are not travelling to Bangkok on this trip, but leaving Vancouver on S.P. on 8th Sept, arriving Beijing 1st Oct. We have previously been to Bangkok a couple of times & stayed at the Amari Watergate Hotel (there are several Amari hotels). Found this convenient with very large accommodation; beautiful, smiling, helpful staff & best of all a huge swimming pool with wonderful surroundings & view to relax in at the end of a busy hot day - mmmmm! Look it up on the web to ascertain if this would suit you.

Sorry it took me some time to find our info . it's CITS (China International Travel SErvice) 1 Dongdan Beidajie, Dongcheng District, Room 1108, Beijing. Peoples REpublic of China 100005 (86-10-85228145 or 86-10-85228146)

The only website I have for them is in Chinese, so can't help you with that.

Our guide's name was Jackie Chen

Hope that helps a little,

Charlie

Sorry it took me some time to find our info . it's CITS (China International Travel SErvice) 1 Dongdan Beidajie, Dongcheng District, Room 1108, Beijing. Peoples REpublic of China 100005 (

Hi,

I check into this site now and then. For our Fall 2005 cruise we used http://www.wacts.com, I think they are CITS associated. They have offices in Chicago, IL area and China.

They have English agents, with great email response.

Hi Cindy,

We used Beijing Limo www.Beijinglimo.com and were very happy with their service. They picked us up from various hotels, arranged port permits....which I don't think you will need if you depart from Beijing because you may check in at the hotel now.

This is the contact info for the company we used in Bangkok:

Airport Transportthai co.,Ltd.

Booking 24hrs. : airporttransportthai@hotmail.com

booking@airporttransportthai.com , www.airporttransportthai.com

Tel. +66 2 9646493 Fax : +66 2 5830029

Hotline 24hrs.: 081-824 0616,085-515 5068

They also were excellent arranging for permits and multi hotel drop off. We had two - three couples per van with luggage. They also offer tours such as the tiger and elephant rides, floating market..... Excellent English speaking contact.

You asked about hotels. We stayed at the Marriott hotel:

http://marriott.com/hotels/travel/bkkth-bangkok-marriott-resort-and-spa/

It is set a little appart from the downtown area, which we didn't consider so bad, but offers a river boat ride right up to the Shangria Hotel and Tram enterance. It is quick and readily available at all times with no fee. The hotel is beautiful. A lush garden around the pool and very good restaurants. The rooms were beautiful too. We got an excellent rate over the web and they do offer a concierge upgrade for an additional fee if available at check in. It is a quieter setting though, not the hustle and bustle of the other hotels.

I have a spread sheet with port tours we took on our Nov. 2005 cruise I will share if you are interested, just send me an email.

Happy Cruising,

Hi: I would be interested in your spread sheet with port tours. Also have some other questions. I do not have your email address so please email me at taz@wbhsi.com.

Terry

• 7 months later...
We Received A Rate Of $42. Per Person For Transfer From Pier At Xiangang To Hotel In Beijing For Sapphire Princess On Oct.. 17th Sailing If We Are Six People. Right Now We Have Four People. Anybody Else Interested In Joing Us. Air Conditioned Van.

Cindy

We are on the NOv 18 sailing,, However can you provide info on how to contact the people providing the service. Thanks Pasha

Hi -

I just wanted to add another reference for you to use. We were on the Sapphire (Princess) in early October, and although we had prior transfers made from the Port to Beijing (by our Travel/booking agent), once we got to Beijing we used a really great guide to get us around to all the different sites. Turns out, she also arranges transportation to the cities and provides many other services - like booking hotels, and theater tickets, etc., etc.

You can view her website blog (with pictures and services provided, and email contact info) at: www.catherine-travelinchina.blogspot.com

I probably won't be back on this particular posting, so if you have any other general questions about Beijing, you can reach me at: forcindyp@yahoo.com

Cindy.

Archived