Medication and refrigerator

nycruiser1975

I really don't know for sure but I am also going on the Spirit and I have diabetes so I had my TA ask. He said he called NCL and spoke to a rep who has noted the booking and requested a refrigerator for my cabin. We'll have to see if I get it :)

I also went through this same issue. I know that some people ask for an extra ice bucket to keep their insulin in. My problem is that my DH takes Byetta which can not be frozen. When I spoke to NCL, they said that I could request a frig but that they could not guarantee we would receive one. Their other suggestion was that we could store the medicine in the frig of the medical center. Hope this helps.

You may need to submit a medical needs form to show why you need a frig. I'm not sure if NCL does this, but we had to do this on Carnival and got a frig without a problem.

Good luck!

On the Majesty, someone needed a fridge, and they brought a small one to her cabin. However, it went under the "desk" so the chair could not be pushed in, and that chair went into the bathroom. Very tight. But they got the fridge.

Hopefully another ship's layout would be better accomodating for a fridge. But I'd think that if Majesty has some fridges, the others would, too.

Shay

We were on the Dream last October and my husband had insulin that needed to be refrigerated, I called special services twice several weeks before we left and was told that I could not request a refrigerator until we got to the ship. When we got to the port (this was in Galveston Texas) I asked again before we boarded the ship and they said I should have called special services, and was told to call guest services when I got on board. Called guest services as soon as we got to our room and was told they were out of refrigerators. I was a little upset at this point, I went to the guest services desk and asked again for a refrigerator, they had one in my room within the hour. So, my suggestion would be to call ahead and see if you can reserve one but be persistent if you have any problems. By the way, I was not rude at all, just made it clear to them that I was worried. They said we could have stored the medicine in their medical area but I really didn't feel comfortable with that.

Archived