Workaround for WSOD

Pete Jackson

A common thing that happens in posting is that the poster gets the White Screen of Death (WSOD), and the post seems not to have been made. If however, you reload the main page and go to that thread, you'll find that the post is there, on the end, but the main page hasn't been updated with the time and poster of the last post to that thread and, of couse, the thread has not been bumped to the top of the main page.

A workaround is for the software to continually troll the threads for these 'ignored' posts, and finish the job that was not done in the first place!

A workaround is for the software to continually troll the threads for these 'ignored' posts, and finish the job that was not done in the first place!

Yes, that's what I find myself doing lately, simply adding to my "thread count" here at CC by writing a very witty, eloquent, and pithy "bump" to help get those poor, languishing posts out in the open.;) :) Hey, it's more exciting than folding the laundry.......:D Cruise Critic should offer me a "trolling" job!

Karin

Archived