SJC to San Francisco

jlines

We are flying into SJC for our upcoming Princess Dawn out of San Francisco. What is the best way to get to the port? Can luggage be taken on Caltrain? Are there any rental car agencies without drop fees with an office near the port? Our flight gets in at 8:30pm the evening before - should we stay near SJC or go to San Francisco that night? Thanks to anyone who can help me plan this!!!

I live in San Jose and have cruised out of San Francisco 5 times. We take CalTrain to the end of the line - near the baseball stadium. Catch a taxi there, which costs maybe about $15 and is WELL worth it. The taxi driver will get you right up to the curb at the pier. There's plenty of baggage room on CalTrain, but you may have to look through a few cars to find one with room on the rack. You do need to allow plenty of time; plan on the trip taking at least two hours to be safe.

We are flying into SJC for our upcoming Princess Dawn out of San Francisco. What is the best way to get to the port? Can luggage be taken on Caltrain? Are there any rental car agencies without drop fees with an office near the port? Our flight gets in at 8:30pm the evening before - should we stay near SJC or go to San Francisco that night? Thanks to anyone who can help me plan this!!!

i would go to SF that night to avoid traffic the next day...

im not sure if you meant you are flying into San jose airport but you can take luggage on caltrain...

maybe try a shuttle

bayporterexpress.com

or something like that..

There isn't a Caltrain station near SJC, though, so you'd need a taxi to the station, catch a train, then hope for a taxi at the San Francisco end (we've waited up to 45 minutes for a taxi to appear - on a Saturday afternoon!) You'd be better off taking a shuttle into San Francisco (try suppershuttle) and staying there overnight.

Archived