Countryside Tours review

Joby

We just returned from our Celebrity Galaxy 11 night cruise and we went on a post cruise tour with airport drop off with Victor Balbin and his friend Frank of Countryside Tours.

They were WONDERFUL! I emailed with Victor prior to our cruise as to what we wanted to do, times, price, etc. There were 5 of us including our 77 yr. old Mom who is rather frail.

Victor and Frank met us outside the cruise dock with our name on a sign. He was on time and in a very nice and clean A/C van that held all of us plus our multitude of luggage and Mom's wheelchair:) They were very good to Mom too!

Both men were very knowledgeable of local places, dates, flora and fauna. We took a tour of new San Juan, the university, old San Juan, walked around the yard area of El Morro, watched kite flying and did some last minute shopping in old San Juan.

I had asked Victor before our cruise if he might be able to find a place to buy some local Salsa CD's for our daughter. Well, he did one better--he found a friend of his who burned several CD's of different kinds of Salsa music for my daughter!!! She LOVES them! What customer service!!!!

If you want a great tour guide for a very reasonable price who is knowledgeable, curteous, has a clean A/C van and is very friendly---email Victor at countrysidetourspr@yahoo.com You won't be sorry:)

I contacted Victor, and even though he is booked already for the day we were looking for, he has taken the time to give us all kind of good info, trying to find a good tour guide for us and even wants to meet us at the ship to give us a map & some directions if we decide to go walk on our own!

Some of my questions with his answers in red.

I also would like to know what you suggest for lunch or dinner with good local food.

MOFONGOS, CAFE PUERTO RICO, BOMBONERA, JIBARITO

And I collect native masks SAN JOSE STREET and baskets, where would you suggest I look for those. UP AND DOWN FORTALEZA STREET AND SAN FRANCISCO STREET

The good thing about 4/17 is that at 4:30 pm you should go to fort San Cristobal (this is walking distance from the ship) for the same entrance fee of $3 p/p

you will see the fort and a neat folkloric show. This show combines the original roots (Taino Indian, African and Spanish) of a Puerto Rican with music and dance.

If anyone is going 4/17 and would like to join us on a walking tour, e-mail me at Nickymjw1@yahoo.com

Archived