Bacab Eco Park

kristing63

We were there last week. We were on the Norwegian Dream. Got off the ship not knowing what we were going to do. No one on the pier was offering horseback riding so we asked around and found a tour guide that took us to Bacab. $125 for the driver and $30 per person for horseback riding only. $50 per person for riding and use of the other facilities. Check out there website. You are probaly better off with the ships tour as we only had time for riding (about 1 hour 15 minutes). It was nice having a personal guide and when we got there no one else was there to ride so it was just us two and the horseback riding guide.

Thanks for the info! The tour through the ship to Bacab includes horseback riding and time to walk around the park a little and use the pool. Were you happy with your decision to go there? Was it nice, or do you wish you had done something else?

Q. Were you happy with your decision to go there? Was it nice, or do you wish you had done something else?

A.We were happy with our decision, but wish we could have relaxed at the pool after riding, which you will be able to do. It wasn't really a jungle like area but still a nice and quiet place. We did not even check out the pool area but looks nice from the pictures. Did you find their website?

I am glad we did this, but would try something differant if we return.

This has nothing to do with the Eco Park, but I was hoping you could answer a question for me.. We are arriving in Belize next week on a last minute scheduled cruise, and we (like you) have no excursions planned. Were there a lot of tours offered at the Pier? We are thinking of playing it by ear and getting a tour at the pier, either booking a Bannister Island tour, maybe Caye Caulker (on the water taxi), or what we REALLY want, a private boat (or even shared) fishing excursion. The reason I ask is that we would really like to go fishing, and we are concerned that the ship's tour will be full by the time we can book it. So that leaves it to either booking another tour (that we want less) or "playing it by ear"..

Did you see a lot of the same opportunities available at the pier that were sold through the ship? Would we suffer a lot by not booking something in advance (remember, this is for NEXT Wed, 2/14). Thanks!

Robin

This has nothing to do with the Eco Park, but I was hoping you could answer a question for me.. We are arriving in Belize next week on a last minute scheduled cruise, and we (like you) have no excursions planned. Were there a lot of tours offered at the Pier? We are thinking of playing it by ear and getting a tour at the pier, either booking a Bannister Island tour, maybe Caye Caulker (on the water taxi), or what we REALLY want, a private boat (or even shared) fishing excursion. The reason I ask is that we would really like to go fishing, and we are concerned that the ship's tour will be full by the time we can book it. So that leaves it to either booking another tour (that we want less) or "playing it by ear"..

Did you see a lot of the same opportunities available at the pier that were sold through the ship? Would we suffer a lot by not booking something in advance (remember, this is for NEXT Wed, 2/14). Thanks!

Robin

Yes there was a lot of tours offered at the pier. I cannot remember specifics, but with a little searching on the internet I think you might be able to find that fishing excursion and book it before you go or take the info with you. It is not easy getting around past the pier area so you do have to have something planned or get something right at the pier. I hope I didn't confuse you.

Yes there was a lot of tours offered at the pier. I cannot remember specifics, but with a little searching on the internet I think you might be able to find that fishing excursion and book it before you go or take the info with you. It is not easy getting around past the pier area so you do have to have something planned or get something right at the pier. I hope I didn't confuse you.

Unfortunately, I have searched and searched and could not find anyone who has pre-planned fishing excursions to join, only large ones with 10-20 or so people needed to fill the boat. I would even be willing to charter a boat for just the 3 of us, but cannot find anything not designed for a lot of people. We are going to try to get on the ship's (NCL) fishing excursion, but since it is restricted to only 22 participants, we know it has a strong chance of being sold out. I have emailed Coral Breeze to see if they have an office at the pier that we could go to and try to get on any excursions last minute, and am waiting to hear back. We booked this cruise with less than 2 weeks notice, so not a lot of time to book excursions and such. By the time we finished researching, it was too late to book ahead thru NCL, so we are keeping our fingers crossed for onboard (I don't really like most of the NCL excursions). Will keep looking, but we are just about out of time.

Robin

• 3 weeks later...

Kristing63,

We did not go horseback riding although my daughter would have loved to. We did the Butterfly gardens at the park and then spent wonderful time in the most beautiful pool. It had a waterfall and a short waterslide in the most extraordinary setting. We also laid in hammocks under the trees. When we got hot we went back into the refreshing pool. The wait staff was so lovely and the changing rooms and and bathrooms and free lockers were clean and beautiful. We just loved the Eco park. It was a real highlight for us. Not very crowded and very peaceful!!

Archived