Doing laundry

Tablet

Will be gone for 23 days on the Westerdam and just found out they do not have a self-service laundry with the re-design of the ship. Does anyone have any good suggestions for packing assuming that I do not want to spend my shore time in a foreign laundry shop?

From what I have read, the HAL ships have two lower-cost options for laundry:

1. At certain points throughout the cruise, they offer a special that is $25 for anything that you can stuff in a bag. From what I understand, you can stuff quite a bit in that bag and it is cheaper than sending them out piece by piece.
  2. You can buy an unlimited laundry package for the duration of the cruise. We are going on a 10 nighter out of NYC and plan to purchase this package. From what I have read online, this package is running about $70 to $75 for the 10 nighter. That way we can pack for five days and send laundry out a couple of times during the cruise.

Of course, if you are in a suite, I understand that you have free unlimited laundry (though I've not yet been on a HAL cruise, so this is all just information that I have read on these boards).

Hope that helped. If you look over on the Holland America boards you will find a lot of postings about laundry.

Archived