How formal is formal on Carnival Legend

ourlol

I've just nipped over from the Princess board... hoping, if I may, to pick your brains.

Relatives of mine (from the UK) are about to go on their first cruise ~ the 2/28 sailing on Carnival Legend. We were discussing dress code in general and my cousin wondered whether she and her husband would look out of place wearing full formal attire on the two formal nights? By this she means a long dress for herself and Tux for her husband. Will they be in the minority?

If I look at Princess then I would say that would be fine, but having never experienced a Carnival cruise I'm at a loss as to how I should answer.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Laura

I've just nipped over from the Princess board... hoping, if I may, to pick your brains.

Relatives of mine (from the UK) are about to go on their first cruise ~ the 2/28 sailing on Carnival Legend. We were discussing dress code in general and my cousin wondered whether she and her husband would look out of place wearing full formal attire on the two formal nights? By this she means a long dress for herself and Tux for her husband. Will they be in the minority?

If I look at Princess then I would say that would be fine, but having never experienced a Carnival cruise I'm at a loss as to how I should answer.

All advice greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Laura

Hi Laura, from my experiences on Carnival in the past, neither one of you would look out of place on formal nights. Although suits outnumber tuxes, there are people who will wear tuxes, so he won't be the only one. You'll probably see more women wearing long dresses as well.

If they want to fully dress up for both formal nights, I say go for it. They will find that some people will and some people won't. I've been on Carnival before and for the semi-formal night (cocktail attire), there were people dressed very formally and others night. If they enjoy doing that, then by all means dress up. It is so much fun!

If they want to fully dress up for both formal nights, I say go for it. They will find that some people will and some people won't. I've been on Carnival before and for the semi-formal night (cocktail attire), there were people dressed very formally and others wearing suite & tie or cocktail dress. If they enjoy doing that, then by all means dress up. It is so much fun!

wondered whether she and her husband would look out of place wearing full formal attire on the two formal nights? By this she means a long dress for herself and Tux for her husband. Will they be in the minority?

Your friends will be in the minority [about 25%]. Not "out of place" tho

We just got off the Conquest and I was actually surprised at how formal the formal night was. Personally, I thought it was fun to dress up and was pleased at how many others had their best duds on too. Go for the tux, or suits are fine too. Most ladies were in long gowns.

We just got off the Conquest and I was actually surprised at how formal the formal night was. Personally, I thought it was fun to dress up and was pleased at how many others had their best duds on too. Go for the tux, or suits are fine too. Most ladies were in long gowns.

Archived