Back from the 1/27 Noordam sailing

rps2004

We just returned from the Noordam cruise. It was our first Holland America cruise and we enjoyed it very much. True, the clientele are a little older, we ourselves are in our 50's. We had a good time on the excursions we booked, all through the ship. The food was fantastic, no real need to eat in the Pinnacle restaurant, the dining room has many wonderful selections. The staff is extremely friendly (met "Burt" Reynold How does he remember SO many names????) and helpful, especially with the rough weather we experienced heading south! Always a smile and greeting. Our room was very comfy, esp the bed. We were deck 4, outside, midship, and the cabin steward kept things neat and clean, made towel animals, kept the fruit bowl stocked, etc. The dining room staff were also terrific. We went to all of the shows (not all well attended), and were very happy with the entertainment. I think maybe some of the older guests don't stay awake to see the show, they start at 10:30 and last about 45 minutes to an hour. Anyway, the cruise was a great experience and we will cruise with HAL again.:cool:

I saw some kids playing cards using pillow chocolates as gaming chips (sacrilege to RuthC?),…

:eek:WHAT!:eek:

:eek:

This is exactly the kind of thing we're talking about when we talk about unsupervised children. Where are the parents? Who is going to teach these kids how to behave? Sometimes strangers need to step in and put a stop to things. :D :D

:eek:WHAT!:eek:

:eek:

This is exactly the kind of thing we're talking about when we talk about unsupervised children. Where are the parents? Who is going to teach these kids how to behave? Sometimes strangers need to step in and put a stop to things. :D :D

LOL!

Curly, you are too much....

;)

ShirleyGR and SusieCruise,

My partner and I are in our early/mid 40's and will be on the 2/17 sailing also. We're traveling with my sister and brother-in-law (she's early 50's) and my parents in their early 80's. HOWEVER, my parents act like they're in their 60's and we are all looking forward to having a great time. My sister is an absolute hoot (as is my mom) and I guarantee there will be some life in our group. We've done a number of Celebrity cruises but chose this because of the NY departure. My partner and I did the Baltic on the Constellation this past May and I must say it was the oldest crowd I ever encountered in 13 cruises, but we met so many great, younger people at the Martini Bar and elsewhere every night. I'm sure there will be a spot where like people tend to hang out.

Can't wait to get the next week behind us and board the ship! Bon Voyage!

After re-reading my post it sounded very age-discriminatory. I apologize. I should not that we made some great friendships with people of all ages on the Constellation. My real point was that I believe that demographics are not really an issue and those with like minds/interests/etc. tend to gather in similar places. No offense to anyone intended!

ltjr

There is a thread for the 3/21 over on the roll call board and a meet and greet is being planned with quite a few people signed up. If you're on that sailing let them know so that they can sign you and your group up. :)

After re-reading my post it sounded very age-discriminatory. I apologize. I should not that we made some great friendships with people of all ages on the Constellation. My real point was that I believe that demographics are not really an issue and those with like minds/interests/etc. tend to gather in similar places. No offense to anyone intended!

ltjr

It didn't sound age discriminatory to me- but then again, I just got off the Noordam- median age: 78.

Archived