Urgent Help Needed - People Familiar w/New York

Chewmonkey

Hello,

My family is sailing on the Dawn tomorrow. They all drove down from Boston today, and were hit from behind in the Lincoln Tunnel by an 18 wheeler.

Everyone hopes to be out of the hospital and on the ship tomorrow, but the car is destroyed.

So, here is my question: Does anyone know if there is a car rental place at the Port the the Dawn sails from, or at least a company that will drop off a car there for them?

We're trying to book a rental for them before they leave on the cruise.

Thanks for your help.

Hi there -- I live in Midtown and there are a ton of Hertz locations in the city. There may not be one right at the port but there are a few within a five minute cab ride away. I would check their website www.hertz.com

Hello,

My family is sailing on the Dawn tomorrow. They all drove down from Boston today, and were hit from behind in the Lincoln Tunnel by an 18 wheeler.

Everyone hopes to be out of the hospital and on the ship tomorrow, but the car is destroyed.

So, here is my question: Does anyone know if there is a car rental place at the Port the the Dawn sails from, or at least a company that will drop off a car there for them?

We're trying to book a rental for them before they leave on the cruise.

Thanks for your help.

I live in NYC also, and I see the information you were given is the best. I just want to say that I am praying for you and your family. I hope no one was seriously hurt. Please once everyone gets out of the hospital everyone enjoys their trip as much as they can. God Bless.:)

except you are coming back on a Sunday when many of them are closed.Most if not all enterprose are closed on Sunday. You may ahve to reserve at LGA or EWR and take a cab...LGA is closer and cheaper for a cab but you will need to see what one way rentals are....good luck sorry about the accident.

See you on the ship :)

I know nothing about NY, but I'm glad everyone was OK enough to be getting out of the hospital so soon!

I must ask...what kind of car did they have, that protected them so well from an 18 wheeler? (I'm serious, I really want to know, as we will soon be in the market for a new vehicle)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived