Airfare to Seattle???

lucia1024

Hi

Is there any secret to finding cheap tickets to Seattle? I will be leaving FL to Seattle in May to get to AK. I just can't seem to find any reasonably priced fares from FL. I have tried all of the well know online sites, travelocit expedia, orbitz, cheaptickets, etc.

Is there a better time or day of the month that tickets go in sale?

Any help would be appreciated. I would rather spend my money on excursions instead of airfare.

Thanks for your help!

What prices are you finding, and what do you consider "reasonable?" That will help people on this board answer your questions. :)

I booked last August for a flight from Detroit to Seattle in late June, returning early July and paid about $500/ticket (one was frequent flyer miles, which is why I didn't wait for prices to go down).

I was expecting about $400-500, and from Florida it might be even more expensive. But the more info you give, the more you can get help from those on these boards! :)

What part of Florida? Southwest Airlines has always been the low fare leader for me... I usually fly between Phoenix and Jax for $99 one way...

I downloaded their "DING" SWA's version of last call for flights and have gotten airfare as low as $88 one way..

You could try BookingBuddy.com. Plug in the dates you want and it gives you a bunch of different ones to try, (Expedia, Hotwire, etc.). I used it this past November to book our two seats from St. Louis to Seattle using Hotwire's best fare of $285.00 rt/pp. I've always found Hotwire to have the lowest rates, but you have to be flexible timewise as they don't give you the exact time until after you book. Good luck.

hi

both southwest and jet blue offer the best deals but you have to go to their website. they are not offered on on line travel sites

southwest has a internet special of $169 each way (tampa to seattle0 up thru 5/10/07. you need to keep checking their website as they are only booking up to may 10th at the moment.

jet blue has $184 fares from tampa to seattle on various days. you have to be flexable on the day of the week you travel

We are going to Seattle in June out of Newark Airport,, Continenatal is charging 368.00 per person r/t that beat jet blue buy quite a bit. But I would try Jet Blue and/or Southwest they might be cheaper to Seattle from Florida.

Also, if you are a AAA member they I would check there website... on occasion I have found cheaper airfare on the AAA site...

i'm going on an AK cruise in late may. i check the sites once in a while to see prices but i probably won't buy until end of march. tickets too far in advance are higher prices because those are usually people going on vacation and airlines realize that people will pay more since it's "vacation money."

i've flown to seattle before (from DC). so right now, prices for me are at $310 per person. well, when we flew last year, i got tix for just over $500 for two people. so i'm aiming for that or better. we flew end of july and i believe got our tickets end of may.

also, check kayak.com for prices as well as expedia. once one of them shows me who has the best price, then i go to that company's web site and can usually save another few dollars booking directly through them. another tip is keep checking travelzoo.com for airfare deals.

We are going to Seattle in June out of Newark Airport,, Continenatal is charging 368.00 per person r/t that beat jet blue buy quite a bit. But I would try Jet Blue and/or Southwest they might be cheaper to Seattle from Florida.

GBRBEB - I just flew Southwest to and from Laguardia; the segment into and out of LGA was operated by ATA. It might be worth it.

We are flying to Seattle from Fort lauderdale. the best price I've found so far is $350 pp, r/t. We were planning to fly in on Sunday, board the ship, then stay overnight in Seattle post-cruise. When I was telling my father-in-law about our plans, he said he had many hundreds of thousands of air miles and he would cover our flights. Whoppeeeee! But, it gets better. He called to tell us he booked our flights and we're flying first class on Delta! Woo Hoo. One small drawback, we will be flying in the day before the cruise - landing around 7:00 PM (11:00 PM Florida time) - but no big deal as far as I'm concerned. I think we'll just get a hotel at Seatac on Priceline and then hire a town car for transport to the Port on Sunday. We are soooooo excited about this trip after having done so many Caribbean cruises. I can't wait to see mountains, snow, ice and feel some cold weather. It's going to be 80 today in Florida -- where's the winter!

GBRBEB - I just flew Southwest to and from Laguardia; the segment into and out of LGA was operated by ATA. It might be worth it.

Southwest does not fly to Laguardia. They do fly to Macarthur on LI is this what your are talking about...

Southwest does not fly to Laguardia. They do fly to Macarthur on LI is this what your are talking about...

Codyody said s/he flew with Southwest out of LaGuardia but that the flight was OPERATED by ATA. It is what they call "code sharing." One airline puts their flight number on a flight operated by another airline. Southwest and ATA have had this arrangement for about a year now. So technically you can purchase a ticket to/from La Guardia with Southwest on a Southwest flight number, just that the plane will be operated by ATA.

Codyody said s/he flew with Southwest out of LaGuardia but that the flight was OPERATED by ATA. It is what they call "code sharing." One airline puts their flight number on a flight operated by another airline. Southwest and ATA have had this arrangement for about a year now. So technically you can purchase a ticket to/from La Guardia with Southwest on a Southwest flight number, just that the plane will be operated by ATA.

I am aware of what code share is...

I was try to tell the OP what the airfare to Seatlle was from other markets on the ECost...

I was also attempting to suggest that it might be worth it for them to get to Seattle via a north east airport if indeed the flights are running in the 500.00 per person range...

I stick with the 368 per person I got from Continental.

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I am leaving on the Pearl on May 20th so I guess I have to keep checking in with SW to see if they have fares for later in May. I am going to keep going to the actual airline website instead of an travelocity, orbitz, etc.

I can't seem to find anything that is under $500 per ticket. I am also trying not to do a red eye. As you know with a cruise you don't have too much flexibility with time.

I guess I will keep shopping everyday.

Thanks guys

Alaska Airlines offers one plane a day from both Orlando and Miami to Seattle. The end of May fares are running around $410.00 for midweek. Their website is http://www.alaskaair.com

You might also consider a connection in Denver via Frontier Airlines. They're an excellent low-cost carrier. http://www.frontierairlines.com

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I am leaving on the Pearl on May 20th so I guess I have to keep checking in with SW to see if they have fares for later in May. I am going to keep going to the actual airline website instead of an travelocity, orbitz, etc.

I can't seem to find anything that is under $500 per ticket. I am also trying not to do a red eye. As you know with a cruise you don't have too much flexibility with time.

I guess I will keep shopping everyday.

Thanks guys

Southwest released dates through August 24rth today. They have a fair for $380 from Fort Lauderdale for the dates you gave.

To the OP-Are you flying out of Fort Lauderdale (FLL) or some other place in Florida?

There are flights out of Orlando, Tampa, Miami and FLL-all under $400.00 and most closer to $350.00. Most are on either AA or Airtran.

Please post your EXACT dates, how many pax and what origination city. I will post the EXACT flights (I have access to a couple of databases that are not available to the general public.)

Just want to let everyone know that I was able to get tickets on SW for $169 each way. I think that is great! I think you should all check out SW to AK first.

I was lucky that the new fares opened today! They also had pretty good choices for times. This was the first airline that I found that had a direct

flight for my return.

You guys are the best! Thanks.

Just want to let everyone know that I was able to get tickets on SW for $169 each way. I think that is great! I think you should all check out SW to AK first.

I was lucky that the new fares opened today! They also had pretty good choices for times. This was the first airline that I found that had a direct

flight for my return.

You guys are the best! Thanks.

I usually fly Seattle to Orlando and always count on finding the tickets for right around the $250. pp rt mark. I find that Orlando is generally the cheapest airport to fly in/out of in Florida.

I can generally get this on either travelocity or expedia but I am always very flexiable in my dates.

We're going on the Pearl July 8th and have been searching for fares - planning on flying into Seattle on the 6th - Southwest has opened their flights but all the "lower" priced ones are blocked out - do you think they'll release those as we get closer? Also, found a website called cheapoair.com and found flights for $192 and then fees to bring to $284 - has anyone used them and have any feedback? thank you!

Archived