Southwest? What time do the new fares go up?

Sue L

Hey All

Rumour has it that it is going to be tommorrow that Southwest comes out with the new schedule.

Do anyone have any clue around what time this should happen? Normally I would just sit at the computer and watch the "Ding" announcements but it is just my luck I am having surgery tommorrow so I need to give hubby a clue so he can go on his laptap in the hospital waiting room ( I checked they have wireless)

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Sue

Hey All

Rumour has it that it is going to be tommorrow that Southwest comes out with the new schedule.

Do anyone have any clue around what time this should happen? Normally I would just sit at the computer and watch the "Ding" announcements but it is just my luck I am having surgery tommorrow so I need to give hubby a clue so he can go on his laptap in the hospital waiting room ( I checked they have wireless)

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Sue

At the rate they are going, Sue, NEVER! :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

I called southwest last night and said to the agent," I heard a rumor that the new schedules are going up tommorrow" She answered back,"That is what we are thinking too" She wouldn't confirm but kept telling me to check on the computer tommorrow "often"

So I am checking!!!

Sue

DING!

Fares are up and I'm booked!!

Bill

I am SO pi$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ed, Bill. An hour later, (I checked around 12:20) and the two lowest fare classes were already gone on one leg of my flight!

It's just NOT RIGHT. :mad: Almost $100 difference. :mad: :mad:

I am SO pi$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ed, Bill. An hour later, (I checked around 12:20) and the two lowest fare classes were already gone on one leg of my flight!

It's just NOT RIGHT. :mad: Almost $100 difference. :mad: :mad:

Wow Carol - that really stinks!!! I had checked SW's site about 5 minutes before Bill posted about the Ding! and the news fares weren't on there yet. I can't believe that the fares changed in less than an hour. Hopefully they'll lower the fares after the initial rush is over.

I don't think they have too many of the cheap seats to book. I checked and it wasn't updated yet. About 5 minutes later I got the ding. I got 4 R/t tix for 6/16 - 6/23 from PHL to FLL for $635.00. Both direct flights too.

Merion_Mom,

That happened to me last year when I wanted to book. When I saw the post on CC I immediately went to their website and all the cheapies were gone. That is why I stayed on top of it this year.

AirTran is only about $65 more total for us but the times of the direct flights weren't as good.

Bill

Archived