Planning very first cruise...need LOTS of info

jagjaglee

I couldn't find a "general questions" thread so hopefully this will be in the right place. If not....perhaps someone can move it for me to a place on the board where I'll get lots of different ideas.

I know it's way in advance but a dear friend of mine want to start saving for a cruise together. My family will be moving away, and she and I want to meet up somewhere, leave the kids with the hubby's and do a 3-4 day cruise. She will be living in Seatle, WA and I will be in Cape Cod, MA.

What we are looking for it a cruise where we can relax....get a massage.......sit by a pool and read......do nothing if we want to. Just a great "girl time out" type weekend. It'll be a first for me to be away from my 4 kids like this.

Have any suggestions on cruises? She and I will fly to the port where the ship leaves from and meet up and board.

As far as cost goes.....what is a reasonable amount for us to save for this? We are both military so I have heard that some cruise lines offer a military discount....Just want to have a ball park idea. Also.....do you think we should go for an inside room or outside? I like the idea of being able to see the water but since I have NEVER done this before just don't know what is best.....

When are good times to cruise? I mean....when do you get the best deals? Since we aren't taking the family, we can go when we want.

Anyway.......if you have any ideas, we'd appreciatte it. Oh yeah.....how far out do they book these cruises?

TIA:D

• 4 weeks later...
I couldn't find a "general questions" thread so hopefully this will be in the right place. If not....perhaps someone can move it for me to a place on the board where I'll get lots of different ideas.

I know it's way in advance but a dear friend of mine want to start saving for a cruise together. My family will be moving away, and she and I want to meet up somewhere, leave the kids with the hubby's and do a 3-4 day cruise. She will be living in Seatle, WA and I will be in Cape Cod, MA.

What we are looking for it a cruise where we can relax....get a massage.......sit by a pool and read......do nothing if we want to. Just a great "girl time out" type weekend. It'll be a first for me to be away from my 4 kids like this.

Have any suggestions on cruises? She and I will fly to the port where the ship leaves from and meet up and board.

As far as cost goes.....what is a reasonable amount for us to save for this? We are both military so I have heard that some cruise lines offer a military discount....Just want to have a ball park idea. Also.....do you think we should go for an inside room or outside? I like the idea of being able to see the water but since I have NEVER done this before just don't know what is best.....

When are good times to cruise? I mean....when do you get the best deals? Since we aren't taking the family, we can go when we want.

Anyway.......if you have any ideas, we'd appreciatte it. Oh yeah.....how far out do they book these cruises?

TIA:D

I think that's a good idea to get away and have fun. Did you ever find someone to help with all those questions?

Archived