Mobile Hotel Recommendations

cruisin newbie

Sister & I are flying into Mobile the day before our cruise. Any recommendations on a decent place to stay, preferrably near the cruise terminal. I've seen many references to the Radisson, but wondering about some of the cheaper hotels. It would be convenient to be at a hotel w/ a restaurant, or at least one close by.

Sister & I are flying into Mobile the day before our cruise. Any recommendations on a decent place to stay, preferrably near the cruise terminal. I've seen many references to the Radisson, but wondering about some of the cheaper hotels. It would be convenient to be at a hotel w/ a restaurant, or at least one close by.

There are 3-4 right across the bay in Daphne which would be about a 10 minute drive to the terminal...I think the cheapest one is Microtel. And there are a bunch of restaurants right in the area. Other hotels in Mobile would be along the I-65 corridor...about the same distance from the terminal but in the other direction. Try this site:

http://www.alabama-hotels.org/

Either way you'll have to drive and park at the terminal...I think it's $10 per day. I believe Radisson is the only one that offers a shuttle service so far (we're pretty new to the cruise business in Mobile) so when all is said and done you may come out cheaper staying at the Radisson. Good luck!

The first time we sailed on the Holiday, we stayed at the Ramada downtown. $99/night, cheaper than the Radisson. I would not recommend it to anyone. Room was damp, mildewy-smelling. The Radisson is highly recommended by lots of people on this board and other boards, too. Not cheap, but you won't need the park and cruise package, so that will save you some. There are some, but not a whole lot of options downtown but all are within walking distance of restaurants and the cruise terminal along with the museums, the historical district and the fort, so you would have something to do the day before and not have to worry about not having a car. Downtown Mobile is great for walking around with lots of things to see and do. You will start to see cheaper prices once you get out of downtown and lots of the hotels will provide transport to the cruise terminal - all you have to do is ask. If you do stay downtown, I recommend breakfast the day of your cruise at "A Spot of Tea" which is a couple of blocks from the Radisson. Excellent food, try the Bananas Foster french toast!

Archived