Costa Maya question

dpomes

We are cruising on GOS in April. This is our first RCI cruise, and our first time going to Costa Maya. It will be my parents, my husband and our 5 year old son. We are trying to decide which excursion to do in Costa Maya. I was considering either the Jungle Beach Break or Dune Buggy Jungle & Beach Safari.

Anyone have any opinions on these excursions? Any recommendations on other ones?

We are cruising on GOS in April. This is our first RCI cruise, and our first time going to Costa Maya. It will be my parents, my husband and our 5 year old son. We are trying to decide which excursion to do in Costa Maya. I was considering either the Jungle Beach Break or Dune Buggy Jungle & Beach Safari.

Anyone have any opinions on these excursions? Any recommendations on other ones?

I suggest that you post your question on the Ports of Call Board -Costa Maya: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169 You may get more sesponses there.

Costa Maya was one of our favorite ports.

We sailed there on the Carnival Miracle for New Years 2005 it was awesome.

We did a dune buggy and beach break. Don't remember the name. We are a family of 4, kids at the time were 21 and 23. My daughter drove the dune buggy, we got stuck in a sand trap, and everyone had to help -- it was great -- we still laugh about it.

THis does not include any drinks because you are driving, but it is great.

We still had plenty of time to shop in the market and get our hair braided.

Don't miss this port -- IMO one of the best !

Enjoy !

I suggest that you post your question on the Ports of Call Board -Costa Maya: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=169 You may get more responses there.

We stopped in Costa Maya in April on Jewel of the Seas and I absolutely loved it- Costa Maya and Labadee are by far my favorite ports.

Our tablemates, now good friends, did the Dune Buggy excursion and had a blast. We are going to do it next time we are there.

We did the Jungle Beach Break and it was very nice, the beach was great, but there was a ton to do except lay out on the beach and swim, but it was perfect b/c that was exacly what we wanted to do that day :D .

Have a great time, Costa Maya is great.

We were in Costa Maya 2 weeks ago from Jewel of the Seas. We have 2 sons (ages 8, and 11). We walked through the cruise port shop area and out the gate. There are several tour operator booths just outside the gate. We purchased 4 tickets for the bus to the fishing village of Majahual. Included in the deal was a snorkel boat excursion and free use of the kayaks at the beach in Majahual. The entire cost for all 4 of us was $46. You can purchase just the bus tickets for $4 per person. The bus is a very nice, newer, air conditioned tour bus. It was about a 10 minute ride to the town. We snokeled and kayaked with "Olinda" Tours. Go to the area on the beach that is the "Olinda Area". When you get off the bus just tell the people you already have a tour with "Olinda", they will direct you to that area. The beach at that area is great. My children met up with some of the local children. The children's parents give backrubs to tourists on the beach. All of the children had a great time playing with the beach ball together. The children were Paulito (age 5), Pepe (age 4), and Maria (age 3). They were very nice children. Their mother kept an eye on them while doing backrubs. She, and many others, have grass covered cabana areas with actual massage tables. They offer 20- 40 minute backrubs for $20. They give an awesome backrub. There was a wonderful roped off area where the water was from 2 inches to 3 ft. deep. The water was a perfect temperature and was crystal clear. You can buy Coronas for $2, and snacks. You receive usage of lounge chair for free with drink purchase. It was a wonderful day. At the end of the day, walk to the taxi area and pay $10 for all of you to be taken directly back to the port. There are lots of taxis waiting to assist you. (the kayaks are orange, heavy-duty plastic kayaks, our kids paddled around in the shallow water and were so proud of themselves). You'll have fun whatever you do!!!

Susan

Archived