any suggestions for Mom

linden6

My elderly MIL is traveling with us on the

Rhapsody in Aug. She traveled with us last year cruising and wouldn't take some of the shore excursions. She is in the beinning stage of alzheimers and I don't feel comfortable leaving her alone for a long excursion. I know that the ships have babysitting. I'm wondering if it would be possible to pay someone to look in on her every 2 hours and see if she needs anything.

linden6.....

What if you paid your cabin steward to do this? It would be easy for him/her to do....they would love making the extra $.....nobody would have to know about the arrangements...

Just a thought.

I have a dear friend who is in the early stages of Alzheimers...I know what it is like. It is almost impossible to have a phone conversation with her.

Good luck! icon_wink.gif

Boo's Mom

Even the winds and the waves obey him!

Matthew 8:27

I was on Rhapsody 9/29/03 and saw a woman being helped up to the pool area by one of the cabin stewards that was off shift. I think these are the same people who doing the hourly in cabin babysitting. They were sitting in the shade and the steward got them both something to drink (soda) at the bar. I was pretty sure the family she was with was scuba diving or snorkling that day. I think they hired the in cabin sitter for her while they were gone.

When my mother was early Alzheimers, I brought her to England for her "trip of a lifetime". I had asked one of her sisters to join us and keep her company on the days we wanted to do something more active.

Alzheimers is hard. Off topic, I hope you visit the alzheimers association web page for advice on coping. That is a disease that harms everyone. As the disease progresses, you will have emotions never touched before. Good Luck to you.

NCL Star 1/04

What's Next? Alaska 2005 - Ask me about an official CC group!

Archived