NON disposable swin diapers....

Guest Time2gocruzn

Guest Time2gocruzn

I have seen swim diapers that are reuseable, and the NON disposable. Has anyone tried these? I think they would save a lot of space while packing, if we used these instead of the disposable kind. Have you tried them? NO they are not for the ship pool, so don't anyone get excited! LOL!!:D

Hi DJK, My sister has these and swears by them. She travels with her babies a lot, and they dry fast and work well. If you want even greater protection. put some rubber pants over them, but she has found that it isn't even necessary. You can use both over and over when you take your baby swimming in the OCEAN:D .

Have fun!

I used them with my kids and liked them a lot better than the disposables. I recommended them to a friend, but she was afraid of what would happen if the child pooped in them. With the disposables, you can rip them off and throw them away, but not so easy with the non-disposable kind! Well, my kids were rather regular in their bowel functions as toddlers, and I never had a problem with them pooping in the swim diapers. So, the first time my friend tried one on her son, guess what happened?! :eek: It was a messy one too! She was NOT happy with me!

So, just a word of caution - use them only if you are pretty sure of your child's bowel control/schedule! Cleaning one out on ship, or at the beach, would NOT be fun!

I think that's one of the less advertized facts about the "joy" of parenthood which makes being a mommy not a lot of fun--cleaning up poopy diapers.

I would just use disposable swim diapers. When you use them up, you'll have space in your luggage to buy souvenirs to bring back home.

HTH.

• 3 weeks later...

Now, I must say, my children were premature and as such had difficulty pooping -- without details, lets just say, I knew when not to take them swimming as they were getting ready to poop. So, I have never had to clean poop out of non disposable swim diapers -- with that in mind I MUCH MUCH prefer them to the disposable kind. (Though I also used a cotton diaper service).

I will agree, that the use of diapers does open up the suit case for souvenirs -- something that no long happens with us as my children are getting big.

I agree with SherryF -- the washable, reusable swim diapers are much nicer. They LOOK like swim suits, they aren't bulky -- they're nicer all around. It's been a while since we needed these items, but years ago you could buy a swim diaper bottom and a bikini top for baby girls.

My girls were also very regular with their poops. Because I knew when NOT to allow swimming, they wet swim diapers but never soiled them.

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter uses the cloth diapers and won`t use any others as the baby always gets a rash from disposables.And she has cloth swim diapers for her

and loves them.She also knows her schedule well.LOL

PS my daughter just informed me that if you want the cloth ones go to fuzzi bunz they work much better then the ones you buy in the store.The cost she says is about 15-20 dollars.But you can sell them on ebay after you are done with them.And to get stains out so they look brand new wash them out then just put them in the sun.It even took out spaghetti sauce off a white shirt.

Hope this helps

Archived