Arubalisa: Marriott Renassaince or Palm Beach by Radisson?

cruz_luvr1

I have read a lot of threads regarding both of these, but am having a hard time deciding which is my first choice (or only choice). I know the Marriott has to be less than 90% full to get a day pass. Since we will be there during President's week, chances are it will be full.

My second choice is Palm Beach by the Radisson, but I'm wondering whether to just forget about the Renassaiance altogether.

My kids (15 and 11) like to be active, and I know there is a great watersports booth at Palm Beach. My concern is that it will be crowded. Also, I read such good things about the Renassaince, but wonder if it will be boring for the kids. Sounds like they do have non-motorized water sports stuff. Another concern about the Renassaince is the price - $50 pp is kind of steep. That's $200 for the four of us, not including cab fare. I know it includes food and one water toy, but I wonder how that compares to Palm Beach, where we can choose where we want to eat.

Debbie

Because of ArubaLisa we stayed on Palm Beach.

there is a pier a few steps away that the kids can do the mortized water sports...for a fee of course.

I did not find it crowded. Found three chairs and was never asked to move etc.

The beach is fabulous and to think of the money you will save by not doing the day pass.

Now aruba is expensive for food. so buying a day pass which include your food- how about Drinks?? and waht would you pay for water stuff for the kids during the day??

Because staying here during a short time on a cruise we decided to go to the raddison for a land vacationnext year.

Your ability to get onto Ren Island could go either way. I checked their website real quick and if I figured correctly, you will be in Aruba on the 20th and the hotel still has availability, but it does not give a percentage of occupancy.

There is no taxi fare to consider for the price of the Renaissance Island pass. You can simply walk across the street to the main lobby of the hotel from the cruise terminal. The $50 pass includes boat passage from the Renaissance's lobby directly to the island.

If you want, your family could walk to the lobby from the cruise terminal to check availability (or have one person walk over and THEN walk back to the ship to check first- I believe they open the island at 7 a.m.). If there is no availability for the island, you can then very easily just take a taxi from the Renaissance's lobby on down to Palm Beach. IMHO, you can do Palm Beach for less money.

2 Adults and 2 Kids NO Food or Beverage

2 big umbrellas $20 x 2 = $40

2 chaise lounge rentals $8 x 2= $16 (if the kids want to sit they can use their towels)

2 floats $5 x 2= $10

Taxi for 4 people 1- taxi $10= $20 roundtrip

$86 for 4 people= $21.50 per person

I don't "think" you would spend $37.50 per person on food and drinks for the entire day. My brother and 3 children split 3 or 4 items in December at Bugaloe Beach Bar & Grill. With beverages, total came to about $40. I had a Caesar Salad from the Radisson and that was $11.95.

For examples of watersports pricing check out http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=441242

All of the vendors up and down the beach are competitive on pricing.

You can also consider http://www.moombabeach.com/

Archived