Live from the Crown Princess

Ontario Traveller

We are just wrapping up a great week on the new Crown Princess.

We have had very calm seas throughout the week. A bit of rain here and there, but overall the weather has been great.

The ship is beautiful, the food is excellent, and the staff are friendly.

The ship is very clean and well maintained.

We had a great walk through the rain forest in St. Kitts - Our tour guide, Addy, was one of the best.

Some folks were asking about food in Cafe Caribe. This is at the back of the ship area on deck 15, behind the Horizon Court. It is open from time to time for breakfast and lunches and as a dinner buffet. It has a menu different from the Horizon Court, with special meals -- today for example at lunch it was their sushi buffet, with a great selection of sushi and various chinese food options as well.

Alcohol prices are reasonable still on Princess. We are thankful that they are not overcharging.

Coffee in the Atrium is sold (vs free in the dining rooms and Horizon Court). It is only a dollar, but a lot of us prefer the taste as well as the atmosphere in the area. They serve a variety of food items here as well (free), and there is often the smell of freshly baked cookies that fills the area.

If you have a cruise on the Crown coming up, you will have a great time.

Enjoy.

Glad to hear you are having a great time on your cruise - wish I was still there - went Jan 27 - Feb 3 and had a great time with my fellow Canadians!

YOu are definitely not missing anything here in Southern ONtario - freezing temperatures still and more expected.

Enjoy the warmth while you can.

Well, we're back home now, and shivering along with the rest of you! Here are answers to some of your questions about the Crown. Tim Donovan is the Cruise Director. Movies (and concerts) on the big screen above pool deck ran pretty much constantly during the day and evening. Movies Under the Stars included Click, Superman Returns, Lakehouse, The Illusionist, Concerts (eg, Bob Marley, Diana Krall, Tina Turner). Also, we had the Superbowl one night. Comedians were Sarge, Richard Bono (juggler), Ed Rigine, James "the kid" Michael (magic), Rodney Johnson, Uber Rossi (acrobat), Phil Tag.

We were on the same cruise last week and just got home. I do not know what people complain about. After 17 Princess cruises, we still love Princess. The prices are so much lower than 10 years ago and if a person wants something additional (such a Sabatinis restaurant) you just pay for it. In the long run it is still a bargain. Brett Cave in the Crooner's Bar is fantastic, though he is leaving in two weeks. We were lucky enough to have him on the Golden Princess British Isle cruise last September. I am now listening to his CD and wishing I was on the Crown Princess rather than here in the frigid weather. I am in true cruise withdrawal ----time to book another cruise. For all of you who are worried about the negative postings about the Crown ---FORGET IT! It is a great ship and the staff was wonderful. Yes, we did not get our requested late seating assignment, but we made lemonade (or something a little stronger) out of the situation for the 16 of us and reserved same time, same waiter in anytime dining and it worked. As you can tell we had a great cruise! Any questions?

Hope Tim Donovan is the CD for the Crown reposition cruise in Oct. We have had him twice on the Grand and he was just "Crackin"! I don't think CDs make or break a cruise, however, they sure can add that little extra touch and some special memories.

Hope Tim Donovan is the CD for the Crown reposition cruise in Oct. We have had him twice on the Grand and he was just "Crackin"! I don't think CDs make or break a cruise, however, they sure can add that little extra touch and some special memories.

Well, we're back home now, and shivering along with the rest of you! Here are answers to some of your questions about the Crown. Tim Donovan is the Cruise Director. Movies (and concerts) on the big screen above pool deck ran pretty much constantly during the day and evening. Movies Under the Stars included Click, Superman Returns, Lakehouse, The Illusionist, Concerts (eg, Bob Marley, Diana Krall, Tina Turner). Also, we had the Superbowl one night. Comedians were Sarge, Richard Bono (juggler), Ed Rigine, James "the kid" Michael (magic), Rodney Johnson, Uber Rossi (acrobat), Phil Tag.

Omar was the CD in November when I was on - glad to see he has been replaced, he was pretty full of himself. I never saw him on anything but the t.v. until the last night. Was Lisa the Asst. Cruise Director?

You are very lucky with the comedians you had - Sarge wasn't on our cruise and I was so diappointed. Rodney Johnson was and he was very good.

Glad you had a great time.

Ontario Traveller..Toronto guy here...can you comment on your room..where abouts..and if you were to go again, what part of the ship do you think is ideal for access,privacy,sun,quick lunches,vibrations,balconies,port views, starboard , aft etc....

Archived