question for you fellow travellers!

beatraveler

Come November we will be sailing RT from Rome on the"Algean Sea, Egyptian cruise" aboard Princess Lines but a couple of my friends who are accompanying me will not under any circumstances "fly" ( a post 9/11 thing ) to Europe so we are left in precarious financial situation having to book aboard ( Cunard $$$$ ) to sail from the US to England then rail our way down to Rome only to board another ship!!! This is going to be costly to say the very least.

Any suggestions on how we can get from Southampton to Rome a less expensive way ??

Come November we will be sailing RT from Rome on the"Algean Sea, Egyptian cruise" aboard Princess Lines but a couple of my friends who are accompanying me will not under any circumstances "fly" ( a post 9/11 thing ) to Europe so we are left in precarious financial situation having to book aboard ( Cunard $$$$ ) to sail from the US to England then rail our way down to Rome only to board another ship!!! This is going to be costly to say the very least.

Any suggestions on how we can get from Southampton to Rome a less expensive way ??

If you are referring to Southampton, England, you can take the train from the UK into main land Europe. The other solution (if leaving from the US) have your fear of flying friend leave early via ship and you can meet with him in Europe once your flight gets there.

Another suggestion would be to go to the Europe board on this site, perhaps someone can be of more help to you there.

If your friends insist on not flying, tell them to hitch hike. Actually, unless one is willing to fly to a transatlantic cruise departure port, it's simply not practical to plan such a cruise. What you and your friends are proposing is a logistical nightmare!

If your friends insist on not flying, tell them to hitch hike. Actually, unless one is willing to fly to a transatlantic cruise departure port, it's simply not practical to plan such a cruise. What you and your friends are proposing is a logistical nightmare!

I agree.........this is just not practical...........hitchhike or stay home......

Good luck

Archived