What do they have that you wish RCCL had?

flagger

1. Self service laundy

2. Choice between traditional dining or anytime dining

3. Water slides

There are lines which offer each of those features although as far as choice between traditional dining or anytime dining goes, it doesn't seem to work very well on Princess if you check out the number of complaints from those who requested traditional but ended up assigned to anytime. If the system worked, I might agree with you, but again, why can't we have different lines offering different experiences instead of insisting that all of them offer the same options? Perhaps we should go on the other lines boards and suggest that they should offer ice skating, surf pools, interactive TV in all staterooms, full room service regardless of the category of stateroom you have booked, etc.:)

Most of the suggested changes are available on other lines and pretty much all of them have their critics as well as their proponents. I pretty much like the RCI style and hope that they remain committed to offering a cruise experience very similar to what they have offered. If I want to see movies by the pool, from 8am until late at night, which is what Movies Under the Stars has evolved into, I can sail on lines that offer it. If I want to dine "when and where and with whom I want" and don't mind an hour's wait even with reservations, which, incidentally, can't be made if that desired time is between 6:30 and 8:00 pm, there is a line that offers it as well and if I want to spend my precious vacation time doing laundry and worrying that I may not get back to the laundry room on time and thus risk enduring the wrath of my fellow passengers, there are lines out there that allow me to do that as well. :D Most mass market cruiselines offer similar cruise experiences and IMHO we should cherish the minor differences that each line offers and not wish to further homogenize the product by having every line offer the same thing. No line is perfect and I am sure that RCI and each of the other lines can do things to improve their product but I hope that in their attempt to "improve" things they don't destroy those elements that make each of them special.:)

I wholeheartedly agree with you!!!!!

There are lines which offer each of those features although as far as choice between traditional dining or anytime dining goes, it doesn't seem to work very well on Princess if you check out the number of complaints from those who requested traditional but ended up assigned to anytime. If the system worked, I might agree with you, but again, why can't we have different lines offering different experiences instead of insisting that all of them offer the same options? Perhaps we should go on the other lines boards and suggest that they should offer ice skating, surf pools, interactive TV in all staterooms, full room service regardless of the category of stateroom you have booked, etc.:)

I realize these are offered on other lines. The topic of the thread was what do other lines have that you want RCCL to have.

I understand that but my point is that most of those suggestions would change RCI and make it something other than the cruiseline I prefer to sail. If any of those items are important to me I will opt to sail on the line or lines that offer it. I don't want RCI to become a carbon copy of some other line and most of the suggested changes have as many critics as proponents.:)

I wish they would expand their room service menus, as well as offer anytime dining. We don't like being told when to eat. :D

###

Do I sense someone may be switching their loyalty to NCL eventually? Or possibly Princess. ;)

I don't think having a self service laundry aboard would "change" RCCI. People who don't want to do laundry on their vacation don't have to. But for those of us who aren't horrified at the thought of doing a load of laundry while on vacation...it would be a welcomed convenience. :)

Fresh Water Pools

Limit on the number of children

I have never personally been annoyed by kids on board, but then again I just crossed over from being a kid:p . But as I said, I have never witnessed any problems with kids onboard, though I have heard many stories about them. Perhaps what might be suggested would be similar to P&O's program of having child free ships, or child free cruises.:rolleyes:

I definatly agree with self laundry and formal afternoon tea!

I have never personally been annoyed by kids on board, but then again I just crossed over from being a kid:p . But as I said, I have never witnessed any problems with kids onboard, though I have heard many stories about them. Perhaps what might be suggested would be similar to P&O's program of having child free ships, or child free cruises.:rolleyes:

I definatly agree with self laundry and formal afternoon tea!

Have you sailed in July or August recently? Personally speaking we'll never do it again after our experience on Enchantment July 2005. Infants in diapers in the solarium jacuzzi's with no rules being enforced was the last straw for us. We'll stick to land based vacations during summer months. Royal would never offer adult only cruises because families account for the majority of the profit the cruise line makes. The entire cruise line is geered towards families. Especially the larger newer ships. I'd be the first one to book an adult only cruise but it's never going to happen.

I would like free pop. Not having to purchase a card to drink all your want.

Disney has it and it is great.

They also have laundry rooms, thought I would never use it on vacation :)

I would also like to see more information on accessible tours instead of having to search out the net for them.

There are lines which offer each of those features although as far as choice between traditional dining or anytime dining goes, it doesn't seem to work very well on Princess if you check out the number of complaints from those who requested traditional but ended up assigned to anytime. If the system worked, I might agree with you, but again, why can't we have different lines offering different experiences instead of insisting that all of them offer the same options?

Sorry but I gotta disagree with you there - we have never had a problem with Anytime Dining and never have had to wait more than 5 mins and we've been on tons of Princess cruises. You should know as well as anybody else that a person with a complaint is ten times more likely to post on a message board than someone who has no complaint. I think if you're looking for one (of many I'm sure) solution, it might be for more tables for 2 in the RCI dining rooms. My hubbie and I look to cruising as a getaway from our very busy lives, and we cruise many different cruise lines for variety, and many times we just want a (romantic) table for just the two of us. When we've shared tables, most of the time we've had lovely company, but boy the times we've had nightmare tablemates and run screaming to the maitre d'.......not what you want to spend your precious vacation time doing!!...:eek:

I would like free pop. Not having to purchase a card to drink all your want.

Disney has it and it is great.

They also have laundry rooms, thought I would never use it on vacation :)

I would also like to see more information on accessible tours instead of having to search out the net for them.

Disney doesn't have "free pop". They include it in their MUCH higher cruise fare.

Most of the suggested changes are available on other lines and pretty much all of them have their critics as well as their proponents. I pretty much like the RCI style and hope that they remain committed to offering a cruise experience very similar to what they have offered. If I want to see movies by the pool, from 8am until late at night, which is what Movies Under the Stars has evolved into, I can sail on lines that offer it. If I want to dine "when and where and with whom I want" and don't mind an hour's wait even with reservations, which, incidentally, can't be made if that desired time is between 6:30 and 8:00 pm, there is a line that offers it as well and if I want to spend my precious vacation time doing laundry and worrying that I may not get back to the laundry room on time and thus risk enduring the wrath of my fellow passengers, there are lines out there that allow me to do that as well. :D Most mass market cruiselines offer similar cruise experiences and IMHO we should cherish the minor differences that each line offers and not wish to further homogenize the product by having every line offer the same thing. No line is perfect and I am sure that RCI and each of the other lines can do things to improve their product but I hope that in their attempt to "improve" things they don't destroy those elements that make each of them special.:)
I agree with you, Bill, and was thinking pretty much the same thing, particularly after reading Heavy Surf's post:
Because I absolutely don't want to spend a minute of my cruise doing laundry, the self-laundry feature doesn't attract me. I do find features on Oceania very attractive. First off, no formal nights. Second...no smoking on balconies. I love the idea of afternoon tea. I like the lecture series Regent offers,too, with top name lecturers offering up their wisdom.

I like Regent's all suites, all balconies rooms. Instead of building bigger and bigger ships, why doesn't RCI build at least one luxury ship such as that?

1. Anytime/Personal Choice Dining (as an option). It works well on Princess.

2. Hard-wired computer jacks (for internet access) in all staterooms. It wouldn't be that hard to do, since phone and television jacks are already there.

3. Free internet access (either through #2 above, internet cafe, or wireless), for C&A platinum and above, as well as for suites, etc.

Other than that, I'm good with RCCL!

I AGREE WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE with an emphasis on anytime dining!!!!

Sorry but I gotta disagree with you there - we have never had a problem with Anytime Dining and never have had to wait more than 5 mins and we've been on tons of Princess cruises. You should know as well as anybody else that a person with a complaint is ten times more likely to post on a message board than someone who has no complaint. I think if you're looking for one (of many I'm sure) solution, it might be for more tables for 2 in the RCI dining rooms. My hubbie and I look to cruising as a getaway from our very busy lives, and we cruise many different cruise lines for variety, and many times we just want a (romantic) table for just the two of us. When we've shared tables, most of the time we've had lovely company, but boy the times we've had nightmare tablemates and run screaming to the maitre d'.......not what you want to spend your precious vacation time doing!!...:eek:

All I can say is...yes yes yes.

We took an ll night cruise with personal choice and the only night with a wait was the second formal night....

I'd do it again in an instant for many reasons....tablemates, schedules, etc.

I would like to see additional free drink stations. On the Rhapsody, the only place to get a tea or drink was outside the Windjammer. It be nice if they had a couple more stations located thorughout the ship where I could get a tea, lemonade, coffee or another free beverage without hiking four or five floors up and the length of the ship just to get a drink.

Interesting thread! As a more frequent Princess cruiser who has sailed RCI (2 weeks baby!) I can tell you what I missed on our last (and first) cruise with Royal.

1. Freshwater pools

2. Ability to bring wine onboard (not sneak!)

3. More chocolate desserts! :D

4. MUTS for hubby

5. Big spa raffle on the first day! Where they pick names in front of you and give out tons of free stuff.

6. MUSTER DRILL IN PUBLIC ROOMS! NOT lined up like cattle outdoors!

:)

Archived