Need Planning Help! Overwhelmed

odaisydukeo

:confused: Hi everyone.

This is my first cruise (30 y. o.) with my mother (60 y.o.). We have alot planned for other ports, but we're overwhelmed with the places in Cozumel.

Firstly, we are NOT beach people at all. And, we don't really want to rent a car. I've read alot of different things to do, perhaps we're too picky. We are also not interested in the Ruins. We love shopping, and would be interested in seeing some other sights.

Any info would be really appreciated. Thanks alot!

odaisydukeo@yahoo.com

Ok, I understand. We do enjoy the beach, we're just not interested in spending 3-4 hours there. I saw that there is some shopping, and we've started to read about Chankanaab Park as well. Is there enough to do at the Park if you don't snorkel/lie in the sun?

There is a lot of good information on this website about shopping, among other things:

http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Pages/Shopping.htm

Another idea, if you're interested, would be to hire a private driver or taxi to take you on a tour around the island. The beaches on the western side of the island are beautiful and mostly deserted. Lots of beautiful scenery to see, even if you aren't interested in swimming. My daughter and I aren't really beach people either, but we enjoyed our jaunt around the island when we were there last August. We rented a car, stopped first at San Gervasio and then drove the circle road around the island stopping where-ever we felt moved to stop (mostly to take photo's) We finished up with lunch at Pancho's and some shopping in the downtown area.

Archived