I have a question about the security procedures/customs

bas3335

This will be a first time cruise for my dh and I. We will be going in Sept on the Sensation the 4 day to the Bahamas. I however have a little problem...I have some unpaid traffic tickets in Illinois and I now live in Florida. I was suppose to go to court 2 years ago in Illinois but I never went. I have a valid Fl drivers license and birth certificate but I may have an outstanding failure to appear warrant in Illinois. Will they find out about that and arrest me???? Do they do a background check when you get on teh ship or off the ship to go thru customs??? Please help!!!

I would try to get it taken care of, while its doubtful Illinois would pay to have you extradited for traffic tickets, it could be quite embarrassing when the customs agents pull you out of line.

To answer the other part of your question yes, they do outstanding warrant checks. There have been a few newspaper articles of people that were flagged when leaving the ship.

Archived