A passport question for our panel of experts...

drk

Got off the Caribbean Princess a week ago and decided to send in DW's passport for renewal even though it had about 6 months before it expired. We have Europe cruises booked for May and Sept and they like the passports to have 6 months before expiration on them so off it went. Now I see a great rate on a short 5 day on the Century that we'd like to take in a couple of weeks but DW's passport is gone. We do have a photo copy of it and all of the other old fashioned ID items available. What do you think...are we SOL or do we have a chance? Of course if I decide to try and book I'll check with all of the appropriate authorities but was curious what fellow CC'ers thought.

Thanks

This actually happened to us also. We decided to go on a last minute cruise, after we had just sent our passports in for renewal, so I called the 800 number for the national passport office(can be found on their wesite) and paid an extra $60.00 per passport to expedite them. We received the new passports in 3 days. This would be the same total price you would pay if you originally had asked for an expedited renewal.

Got off the Caribbean Princess a week ago and decided to send in DW's passport for renewal even though it had about 6 months before it expired. We have Europe cruises booked for May and Sept and they like the passports to have 6 months before expiration on them so off it went. Now I see a great rate on a short 5 day on the Century that we'd like to take in a couple of weeks but DW's passport is gone. We do have a photo copy of it and all of the other old fashioned ID items available. What do you think...are we SOL or do we have a chance? Of course if I decide to try and book I'll check with all of the appropriate authorities but was curious what fellow CC'ers thought.

Thanks

Assuming that you do not have to fly out of the country or back to the US from a foreign country to take this cruise, you won't have any problem with just an official birth certificate and a government issued photo ID. ( I don't think that the photocopy of your wife's passport will be accepted.) Enjoy your cruise.:)

Thanks everyone for your helpful information. We would just drive to the port so no problems there. I put the sailing on hold and have until Tuesday to decide. Again thanks.

Thanks everyone for your helpful information. We would just drive to the port so no problems there. I put the sailing on hold and have until Tuesday to decide. Again thanks.

Archived