Fort Lauderdale Airfare Booking For 9/07

rubyrosedreamer

Hello Everyone!

This is only my second cruise and 4th time flying. I need to book airfare to Fort Lauderdale Airport, FL. I want to fly in 9/15/07 and fly out 9/23/07.

Here is my question, is there a better time of year to book the flight to get a good rate? Right now the lowest price I'm seeing is about $233 for a website service. I'm wondering if prices might come down in a few months since this is pretty much peak season for cruise booking.

I booked my cruise only about a month in advance last year so airfare was booked right away too. I paid about $150 and flew in to Tampa Airport. I thought this was a great rate!

Also, is there any info I should know about this airport? I see that the cruise port is close and shouldn't cost too much to take a taxi or should I reserve a different transfer method from airport to port?

Your input is greatly appreciated! This is a wonderful site for cruising information..especially newbies like myself!! :D

Right now decent fares are till August, hopefully prices will go down since Sept is the start of usually cheaper airfares since alot of people have already taken their vacations. Were cruising in October and figure the better fares will come out by May or so. I check the internet sites once a week and also have signed up for alerts to the airports I am interested in. In my case Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.

Ft. L airport is a smaller airport, compared to Miami, so easy to get around and the prices are usually pretty good and if your cruising out of FT. L then it is just a few minutes to the airport.

Bev

I would hold off on booking and signup for fare alerts for ft lauderdale airports. It may drop some in the coming months. However if you are comfortable with the price and prefer to book early then I say go for it. It is only around $15 from the ft lauderdale airport to the pier

Right now decent fares are till August, hopefully prices will go down since Sept is the start of usually cheaper airfares since alot of people have already taken their vacations. Were cruising in October and figure the better fares will come out by May or so. I check the internet sites once a week and also have signed up for alerts to the airports I am interested in. In my case Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.

Ft. L airport is a smaller airport, compared to Miami, so easy to get around and the prices are usually pretty good and if your cruising out of FT. L then it is just a few minutes to the airport.

Bev

I would hold off on booking and signup for fare alerts for ft lauderdale airports. It may drop some in the coming months. However if you are comfortable with the price and prefer to book early then I say go for it. It is only around $15 from the ft lauderdale airport to the pier

Thank you all very much for the help. I'm thinking of waiting too. I went on the United Airlines web site but I can't figure out how to get an alert for airfares to Fort Lauderdale. When you both talk about alerts, are you talking about general alerts or am I able to put in specific dates to alert on? My eyes are crossed from looking at so much information lately on the 'puter planning this trip, plus my normal 8-12 hrs at work looking at 5 of them! :eek:

Archived