Cruise Ports Local Cuisine Recommendations

rubyrosedreamer

Hello Foodies!

I will be on on the 9/15/07 sailing of Carnivals' Liberty going to San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau. Would any of you be able to recommend restaurants where I could have the opportunity to sample the local cuisine? I'm looking for safe places to go, probably on my own and fairly close to the cruise port or at least easy to get to by taxi. Places would need to be open for lunch. Also please let me know of any restaurants I should stay away from.

I've been looking on the islands tourism sites and see some possibilities, but nothing beats another persons opinion who may have been there.

Your ideas are most gratefully appreciated! :D

i wish we could have eaten in port more!:D

we ate at Graces in Charlotte Amallie with a friend that lived there...good conch fritters and expensive! 11$ for a lobster salad sandwich on white toast(a roll would have been nicer) and 17$ for the grouper a la carte. it was a cute place where she made and sold her own hot sauce.

before we we I borrowed FODOR"S carribean from the Library. it had a lot of recomendations!

Archived