Lack of complaints about Princess

carruthers

We are booked on the Sapphire Princess for a 29 day cruise from Sydney to LA on the April 17. This will be our first cruise on Princess Cruises and our ninth cruise overall. To try and get a feel for Princess we have been avid readers of this website and are amazed at the low level of complaints about this cruise line compared to several other cruise companies. Princess therefore must be doing something right. :)

Have a wonderful cruise....We are booked for the same cruise in 2008 and are already excited even through we have over a year to wait. Hopefully you will post a review when you get home.

We have sailed 2X's on Princess with another cruise coming up this April and other than those small showers....we have enjoyed.

I always say you make your own vacation!!

Have a wonderful cruise....We are booked for the same cruise in 2008 and are already excited even through we have over a year to wait. Hopefully you will post a review when you get home.

We have sailed 2X's on Princess with another cruise coming up this April and other than those small showers....we have enjoyed.

I always say you make your own vacation!!

Hope you have a great cruise! :)

Princess is a great cruise line (too bad I've only sailed on them once :( ) and the experiences CAN vary from ship-ship and the staff, time of year, etc. But overall, Princess has been able to maintain a good name in the cruising industry and no complaints here! :) OUR only complaint was the dining our ship but the chefs differ around the ships and they have different chefs a lot of the time. But again, overall the dining has been good from what the other posters have been saying. Hope this helped!

Have a great trip! Your trip will probably have a large contingency of foreigners if past voyages hold true to form, many nationalities, primarily, Canadians, Australians, and Englishmen. Go to Princess Roll Call and catch up on this voyage, there should be around 2500 postings. You get a feel for your fellow passengers. Bon Voyage!

You will love the Sapphire. It's a beautiful ship. Food and service were outstanding as well. I wish more Princess ships would sail out of Galveston. We had 14 people traveling in our group ages 14 to 84. Not one single complaint about anything for the week. It was a memorable cruise!

Enjoy!

We have done only one cruise on Princess and LOVED it. Total 37 cruises completed with 17 on HAL, the last two on HAL were VERY so-so.

We will also be on the Sapphire, April 17th and have an active roll call, please check us out, here is the link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=190618&page=136

Even if you do not wish to join our group, you'll find a lot of info on the thread. Happy sailings . . . . . . .

P.S. I note I gave you the last page link, of course it's easy to find the start in case you like to read it all.

We sailed the reverse of your upcoming cruise a few years ago. It was a 'fill in' from Princess when SARS cancelled all of the Asian itinerarys. It was fantastic. So many different ports, so many different islands. By the end of your voyage, you will feel so at home on the ship. You really get to know a lot of people onboard for one of these month long cruises and you will know the ship like the back of your hand after the first week or two.

Great cruise, would love to do it again. But DH doesn't like that many sea days so I guess I was lucky to take it when I could. :( We sure do have some wonderful pictures and memories of that cruise though.

Oddly enough, I was just on another board today where the posters were complaining that CCers were excessively critical of Princess. I think if you'll go to the members' reviews of the individual ships you'll find a a small percentage of really withering put-downs. But, having just disembarked from the Dawn Princess last week, I'd venture to say that maybe the reason you find so few criticisms is that a) Princess does what it does so well and b) the cruisers prone to choose Princess (which is, after all, positioned as a mid-range choice) are less la-di-da and hypercritical than those attracted by other lines...maybe.

Oddly enough, I was just on another board today where the posters were complaining that CCers were excessively critical of Princess. I think if you'll go to the members' reviews of the individual ships you'll find a a small percentage of really withering put-downs. But, having just disembarked from the Dawn Princess last week, I'd venture to say that maybe the reason you find so few criticisms is that a) Princess does what it does so well and b) the cruisers prone to choose Princess (which is, after all, positioned as a mid-range choice) are less la-di-da and hypercritical than those attracted by other lines...maybe.

I think you may have hit on something. I have sailed on 9 other cruises on four different cruiselines, and I have noticed that there seems to be subtle difference to it's makeup of passengers, and their general perceptions of what to expect on a cruise. Certainly the ambiance of cruises is diminishing, as dress codes, etc. are lowered, but I think most people realize that there may be occasional glitches along the way, no matter what kind of a vacation you undertake. But you will tend to see a different type of passenger on any given ship depending on how greatly it's price has been discounted beforehand, in my humble opinion. Has anyone else noticed this? Attitude is everything.

We have enjoyed all of our Princess cruises, but I think the whole 'being critical' thing comes in cycles. Not that too long ago, there were lots of negative posts regarding Princess -LOTS of them. Then, suddenly they died off and the negative posts started in RC, then moved to Celebrity, and so on. If you must read them the really begative stuff, do so with the understanding that there are some people who love to take Life's lemons and squeeze them into open wounds.

We met people on cruise to whom Princess could not POSSIBLY do anything right, yet this was their 20th or so cruise. For some people complaining is a way of life and they will spill over onto the boards.

However, I am delighted you didn't run into any of these people and had a great cruise. Don't forget to review!

Charlie

Archived