Le Havre- Mont Saint Michel Excursion RCI

Has anyone taken the Mont Saint Michel excursion with Royal Caribbean? We are undecided as to what to do while in port at Le Havre. I googled Mont Saint Michel and it looked interesting.

Can't help you with the tour from RC,but if you get the chance,no matter how,MSM is really not to be missed. I have been there several times,and I always find something neww to see and do.If you are there in the summer just know it is very crowded,and the street is very narrow,but all still worth it.Some good shops and some not so good shops as well as some neat places to eat.It is a place you will not see anywhere else that is for sure.

Can't help you with the tour from RC,but if you get the chance,no matter how,MSM is really not to be missed. I have been there several times,and I always find something neww to see and do.If you are there in the summer just know it is very crowded,and the street is very narrow,but all still worth it.Some good shops and some not so good shops as well as some neat places to eat.It is a place you will not see anywhere else that is for sure.

As always :), I agree with cberge. We were fortunate to call there on a cruise last August, and Mont-st-Michel is amazing. We called in the port of St-Malo, which is also very nice. Other options from LeHavre that we have enjoyed in the past are Honfleur, Deauville, and Treauville (sp?), but I rank Mont-st-Michel above that.

Have a great cruise,

Donna

Does anyone have any information on private tours that operate out of La Havre? I am very interested in seeing Honfleur and MSM.... I am not interested in a ship tour... any private tour information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Cruisingblondie:

I have taken this tour from Le Havre although not from RCI but from Celebrity which is owned by RCI. I'm sure that they have the same tour. I had always wanted to go to Mont Saint Michel and was so glad that I did. It truly is a beautiful place and completely different from anything else that you have ever seen.

Be aware that the ride is about 2 & 1/2 hours each way. Don't forget to buy those delicious butter cookies!

True, MSM is 2 hours and a half far from Le Havre. But it gives you the oppotunity to drive across the whole of Normandy and to see lots of different landscapes : the port of Le Havre (the 2sd of France) , the bridge of Normandie (which is jumping above the Seine River mouth) the hills of the Pays d'Auge, the flat fields around Caen and the primery age mountains (which are very big granitic hills) at the south of Normandy and then, endly MSM. Most part of the time, the tour is beginning with the lunch at the restaurant just in the nearbye of the Mount. Then the bus will drop you off just at the bottom of the mount. And then you have to walk up that narrow middle ages street, edged by shops, to the abbey. And you will visit the abbey with your guide. What is unbelievable and unic it is to consider that people were able to build such a marvel a thousand years ago !!!!! After the visit of the abbey and around 300 hundreds steps later, you will have some free time for shopping in the village before catching the bus to be back at the port around 6H30pm.

You have understood that MSM is my favourite too. If you want to prepare your tour a little bit try to read a book about the beginning of christianity in Europe, and google "Mont Saint Michel" on the web. There are some very marvellous and informativ sites. Sorry for having been so long

Friendly yours :)

True, MSM is 2 hours and a half far from Le Havre. But it gives you the oppotunity to drive across the whole of Normandy and to see lots of different landscapes :
I don't know about the drive from LeHavre to Mont-st-Michel, but I thought the scenery from St-Malo to Mont-st-Michel was so serene and peaceful. The beautiful farms and homes with all the sheep and other livestock were very charming. That was a nice addition for us to the amazing site of Mont-st-Michel, the cathedral, and the lovely streets in the village.

Happy travels to all,

Donna

• 3 months later...

Very interesting place to visit.

However, I am concerned about the amount of steps.

Do you climb these on one long hike or is this a meandering climb with stops along the way ?

Have older relative to consider.

Thanks for any information. :)

I was at MSM a few years ago and I remember it being more of a meandering climb on a twisty road through the town built up on and around the mountain, with stops along the way (shops, restaurants, etc).

That was several years ago, so please someone correct me if I am wrong. :)

I definitely recommend visiting here, it's so unique and there is a lot to see along the way (but you can see as much or as little as you'd like).

Have a great trip!

Very interesting place to visit.

However, I am concerned about the amount of steps.

Do you climb these on one long hike or is this a meandering climb with stops along the way ?

Have older relative to consider.

Thanks for any information. :)

There are some steps here and there,and boy are there steps to get to the Abbey..I have been there several times and only did the Abbey up on top once and that was enough,but having said that there is a lot to see as you wander up the hill,but you don't have to go any further than you want to or that a person can do comfortably.If you are going in the summer know that it does get hot and during the day VERY crowded,but there are places to stop,rest,shop and eat along the way.Good views from any height really,and quite a sight to see.Hope this helps a little.

True, MSM is 2 hours and a half far from Le Havre. But it gives you the oppotunity to drive across the whole of Normandy and to see lots of different landscapes : the port of Le Havre (the 2sd of France) , the bridge of Normandie (which is jumping above the Seine River mouth) the hills of the Pays d'Auge, the flat fields around Caen and the primery age mountains (which are very big granitic hills) at the south of Normandy and then, endly MSM. Most part of the time, the tour is beginning with the lunch at the restaurant just in the nearbye of the Mount. Then the bus will drop you off just at the bottom of the mount. And then you have to walk up that narrow middle ages street, edged by shops, to the abbey. And you will visit the abbey with your guide. What is unbelievable and unic it is to consider that people were able to build such a marvel a thousand years ago !!!!! After the visit of the abbey and around 300 hundreds steps later, you will have some free time for shopping in the village before catching the bus to be back at the port around 6H30pm.........

Thank you Normandy! Great info!

Archived