Ncl Gem-4 people to a balcony?

glen tev

All right here goes.I know the Spirit And Dawn do not do 4 to a balcony.I had heard that the Gem will.I did a mock booking online with 4 to a balcony and it came up.But when you look at the deck plans the room symbol on the rooms available is the triangle-meaning 3 to a room,not the + sign meaning 4.I almost got screwed in my earlier cruising days by another cruiseline.we booked 4 to a balcony(and i didn't check the deck plans-my fault)At the last minute we decided to leave my son with a realative-and guess what .When we got on the ship the room only held 3 people!I don't have much faith in TA when they say don't worry about it.I believe the guy who desined the ship and it's layout.So what gives on this situation.We would really like to try a Balcony on the Gem,but i don't want any surprises.Any info is appreciated.Thanks

All right here goes.I know the Spirit And Dawn do not do 4 to a balcony.I had heard that the Gem will.I did a mock booking online with 4 to a balcony and it came up.But when you look at the deck plans the room symbol on the rooms available is the triangle-meaning 3 to a room,not the + sign meaning 4.I almost got screwed in my earlier cruising days by another cruiseline.we booked 4 to a balcony(and i didn't check the deck plans-my fault)At the last minute we decided to leave my son with a realative-and guess what .When we got on the ship the room only held 3 people!I don't have much faith in TA when they say don't worry about it.I believe the guy who desined the ship and it's layout.So what gives on this situation.We would really like to try a Balcony on the Gem,but i don't want any surprises.Any info is appreciated.Thanks

There are true quads planned for GEM just like the Jewel and Pearl. There were some errors on the published deckplans for the Pearl since the used the Jewel plans and some of the cabins were not quads as indicated. That should not be an issue since they are using the Pearl deckplans for the Gem.

The balcony quades are a far better layout then the outside or inside quads, Two twins that can be made up as a queen, single sofa bed with a pullman above it.

Those marked as + have the pullman. Once you are booked you can ask the CC members on the roll calls prior to yours to confim with the cabin staff that your cabin is in fact a quad.

Archived