Conquest questions

rodeoblu

YEP..it's topless! But, I haven't witnessed this myself. The only topless thing I was witness to was the hairy chest contest & that is truly something not to be missed..LOL..

I didn't check the secret door out so I can't help you out there.

Be sure & go up to Sur Mer & try the fish & chips...it's good eatin'!:D

The topless deck is near the basketball court and although you can't see it from the main swimming pool it overlooks the main pool. I've never been up their due to maritial problems that may result. However, my brother in law went on the Paradise. He said most of the women on the topless deck where laying face down with their tops unstraped so they can get an even tan on their backs.

As far as a secret door. If the cruise line wanted you to use the door it wouldn't be a secret or hidden door. There are a lot of crew only areas. I have never been in them but I have been gently chastised just for going near them. (I think the crew member thought I was trying to go in there.) I wasn't going to go inside. I was just looking to be nosy.

You occasionally find people topless up on the sun deck. As for the secret door on deck 6, it's for passengers there are a couple of benchs to sit on but the view is obstructed when you sit down because the side rails are solid metal. I like it out there because it's right at the front of the ship, but it's a pretty breezy place so hold on to your had and the doors are difficult to open against the wind.

Topless women on the topless deck are the exception not the rule. The point of the topless deck is to provide that option and create an adult-only space.

As to the secret door, I'm at a loss to know what is secret about it. It is a public door that leads out to a public space which is connected to another public space on deck 7 by a companionway.

Another companionway leads down to the forward deck on 5 but it is usually chained off by a "crew only" sign. I guess I am missing what is so secret?

I have been thru the secret door and it does not say crew only, so i am assuming it can be used by all, i go to the front of the ship to get pictures of the sunrise, there is usually on 1 or 2 other people there but yes, it is very windy.

I have been to the topless deck and Yes, i use it but there are very few woman taking advantage of the space, mostly men making the rounds hoping to catch a glimpse and hoping their wives don't catch them.

If topless bathing was excepted more here in the states than there would be less men googling and more women using the space.:p

I have also been on the topless deck on several ships and I also just lay on my stomach and undo my strap in the back. When I turned over to order a drink, I pulled my towel around my chest so as to not have those "dirty old men" checking me out. :D But believe me, I am not that exciting to look at in the first place. What I like about the topless deck is always being able to find a deck chair to use. Oops, I just spilled a secret, so now I probably won't be able to find an unused chair on our next cruise. :cool:

Here's a photo of yours truly on the "F" deck of the Conquest - it was early in the morning and DW and I were the only ones there. Honest!! It doesn't show much of the deck but gives you an idea of the great view and yes, I would imagine there's always chairs available there.

791280155_MikeatRailSmall.JPG.6078322bafa2b7363e444186451f7b0a.JPG

Archived